Harbor Freight

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You never know. When I met my wife, she was 23 and I was 35 and they said it wouldn't last. 31 years later, we are still together.

Way to go!!! They told my grandfather his marriage wouldn't last 6 months...it lasted 60 years and they died within 3 weeks of each other.

There are some items I find at Harbor Freight on sale like safety glasses for $1.50 a pair that I can't pass on. If I buy a nicer pair for $10-15 it'll still get damaged, scratched, lost somehow. It's amazing if a pair last me a week so when they put them on sale I buy 4-5 pairs. When I'm on a job that requires constantly wearing them------same deal with the gloves, also MUCH cheaper than anywhere else I'll save a few buck and don't stress out when they don't make it through the week.

They also have some other "throw-away" stuff they put on sale as a "loss leader" like the mini-mixing paddles. I mix a lot of 1 gallon or 2 gallon units of epoxy or urethane. I also like to use the drill motor and paddle to mix Feather Finish if it's much more than a handful. For patch the paddle will last but for the urethane I can use it a few dozen time, spin it out, wipe it down as much as I want but eventually it's too much hassle and it gets tossed.

I got the Chicago variable speed multi-tool as a gift. The tools is very "light commercial"------meaning it's NOT for professional use. But I don't depend on that for much on the jobs. It's a cool little tool to have for very light duty trimming back of wood, plastic or soft metals where a chisel or other chipping tool is awkward or slow.

Can't think of any of their other actual tools or equipment I would consider using in my work. They are the lowest grade on earth.......kinda like shopping at the 99Cents Only store. There's some things you might consider buying in there. But you know walking in it's going to be CHEAP.

I also like their assortments of screws and bolts, cotter pins, springs, sheet metal screws and stainless steel screws. I get them when they are 40% off, and they come in real handy.

There are some items I find at Harbor Freight on sale like safety glasses for $1.50 a pair that I can't pass on. If I buy a nicer pair for $10-15 it'll still get damaged, scratched, lost somehow. It's amazing if a pair last me a week so when they put them on sale I buy 4-5 pairs. When I'm on a job that requires constantly wearing them------same deal with the gloves, also MUCH cheaper than anywhere else I'll save a few buck and don't stress out when they don't make it through the week.

They also have some other "throw-away" stuff they put on sale as a "loss leader" like the mini-mixing paddles. I mix a lot of 1 gallon or 2 gallon units of epoxy or urethane. I also like to use the drill motor and paddle to mix Feather Finish if it's much more than a handful. For patch the paddle will last but for the urethane I can use it a few dozen time, spin it out, wipe it down as much as I want but eventually it's too much hassle and it gets tossed.

I got the Chicago variable speed multi-tool as a gift. The tools is very "light commercial"------meaning it's NOT for professional use. But I don't depend on that for much on the jobs. It's a cool little tool to have for very light duty trimming back of wood, plastic or soft metals where a chisel or other chipping tool is awkward or slow.

Can't think of any of their other actual tools or equipment I would consider using in my work. They are the lowest grade on earth.......kinda like shopping at the 99Cents Only store. There's some things you might consider buying in there. But you know walking in it's going to be CHEAP.

The HF multi tool blades are pretty bad but Bosch blades are really good and fit the HF tool attachment stake pattern.

Latest posts

Back