Hard surface reducer question

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, that's the transition we've been talking about. The bathroom extends back 1/2" less than the dining area. If I plan it right a little trimming on the transition edge will give me a good fit.

Looks like you have several transitions/reducers to do.

Three reducers (two are doorways) and two thresholds and figure how I want to end the flooring at the top of the basement stairs, they just ran the carpet right to the edge of the step. I'll probably pull back from edge and end it in the door casement with a reducer.

Three reducers (two are doorways) and two thresholds and figure how I want to end the flooring at the top of the basement stairs, they just ran the carpet right to the edge of the step. I'll probably pull back from edge and end it in the door casement with a reducer.

What ever you do at the stairs DO NOT LEAVE A TRIP EDGE.

Daris

There are building codes for stairs that should be adhered to in order to prevent tripping hazards. These involve tread and riser dimensions. The top of the stairs, i.e. the landing nosing that you are referring to 'participates' in the code dimensions. Also, this spot is subject to a lot of stress so it must be installed securely. There is a national code referred to as the IRC, but individual states can have variances to the IRC.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back