Hav you shoulda

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was in a similar situation Jon. I flew to Florida for a 4 day Disney cruise, then a 3 day Disney park pass. Once I arrived at the ship terminal, there was no boat. We were told that because of high winds, the boat was unable to dock, since the old boat didn't have side thrusters. We had to sleep in the terminal and when they offered $5 food credits, a riot broke out. Afterwards, they gave us $50 food credit at a local restaurant, and issued us free cruise vouchers, good for 6 months. Well, I tossed them in the trash and will never use that cruise line again. (Boat picked us up the next day so we were short a few islands, which was OK, but that trip cost us over $10 grand.

I don't think I would be picking dates that could be hit by storms or hurricanes if I could avoid it even though cruises around those times seem to be cheap
By the time we add on the cost of 22 hours of flying to get to one of those ports to find the ship isn't going anywhere and its going to be rough
I feel its worth the extra for us to pay a little more for a better weather time, hope, than waste the air flight price to get pounded to death on a ship, I don't think the cruise line or insurance would cover the air fares to take the "free" cruise at a later date if our one was cancelled
Feel sorry for those on the ship though
We have been lucky with the weather, touch wood, so far. Don't remember even seeing a white cap on the waves

Latest posts

Back