Highup

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I thought.......... that's Pime price too.
.......no, me neither. Those were a lot cheaper than the rubber tired hand truck type. I haven't checked out a professional roller system made for heavy table saws, and work tables, but I'm sure they are a lot more expensive.
I can't think up what you'd be able to salvage wheels from.
How about just put a sheet of Formica under the legs.

I'm assuming an 800lb saw doesn't have a base like this?
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/470837336015368514/
What does the base look like? Fully enclosed or with legs?
At 800# wheels like this might work, but may not survive if the weight stays on them full time. The rubber/plastic might flatten or elongate from setting.
Maybe a combo of furniture dollys like Nick said.......... One dolly for each side and fastened together with a sheet of plywood. Some of those dollys are pretty cheap and can hold well over 500#.

Get some castors like that go under construction tool boxes. I'm sure they would take the weight besides I think you could divide the weight by 4 or 5 depending on how many castors you are using. Or even like the car type thing Harbor Freight sells where you can set a car on them and move it around a garage.

:camping:

Daris

If I was gonna do what you are doing, I'd make my own. I have a friend that welds, and I could cut metal plate or tubing to make 4 offset corner pieces sort of like the Grizzly and bolt the corners onto a 2 layer plywood base. Most expensive part would be good wheels.

.....or, the old fashioned way. Daris certainly remembers moving a table saw this way.
gd-0057.png

I use to put the roll on two cpt dollies Back the truck up real fast ,and slam on the brakes . I got to the point where the cpt would land on the dollies ..

I have used that method moving carpet.

:camping:

Daris

Me too! Not that new kinda me too. lol
I would put old carpet stretcher tubes in the back of the truck bed and have the lift drop them on there. Then do as Nick says or tie a rope around it an drop it in the street and cut it up there.

Me too! Not that new kinda me too. lol
I would put old carpet stretcher tubes in the back of the truck bed and have the lift drop them on there. Then do as Nick says or tie a rope around it an drop it in the street and cut it up there.
I used1 1/2 inch "dowels" of sorts. The larger diameter round stock from the lumber yard. Whack it into 24" pieces and you're good to go.

........or do a couple repairs per day with no lifting whatsoever. ;)
Naw, in reality, I haven't done anything worthy of using the roller method for 25+ years. Easier to make cuts at the shop anyway.
That was then.... this is now. If the shop doesn't do the cuts, I don't showz ups.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back