how to find a prefix

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
Customer left a message on my land line and gave me a non working number. I'm guessing that he gave me an Oregon land line prefix instead of a cell phone prefix because the next 3 digits are not local.
Where can I find a list of cell prefixes from verizon, Att, T-mobile etc? All I can find is their coverage maps. .....I just want the prefixes they use in the Oregon or northwest area.
This sucks, I need the work and it's nearby.

Last edited:
Did you google the numbe? Sometimes you can get the info that way.

Daris.
Just Google "Robert, North Bend, Oregon"... tell me what ya came up with. :D
.......crap, it was me! :sick: My finger hit #3 before I dialed the number, making it too many numbers. My fault. Odd thing is, that the prefix he has isn't used down where I live. Ours is 541, his is 503....... 503 #'s don't start till 150 miles north of me. Maybe he lived in Portland and had his land line from up there put on his cell.
Thanks for looking guys. I'm good with carpet, not so good with numbers. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Just Google "Robert, North Bend, Oregon"... tell me what ya came up with. :D
.......crap, it was me! :sick: My finger hi #3 before I dialed the number. My fault. Odd thing is, that the prefix he has isn't used down where I live. Ours is 542, his is 503....... 503 #'s don't start till 150 miles north of me. Maybe he lived in Portland and had his land line from up there put on his cell.
Thanks for looking guys. I'm good with carpet, not so good with numbers. :rolleyes:

I know a woman who has lived here for about 10 years and still has her California cell phone number.

I know a woman who has lived here for about 10 years and still has her California cell phone number.
If they changed it, they'd lose contact with people that knew her number, so why mess with stuff that don't need messin with............... for me I'd change the prefix so people never knew that I'd ever lived in California. :D:D:D

I get calls all.day from other prefixes around the country. Used to be it was only phone solicitors. Now you just don't know as everyone that moves takes their cell # with them.

Latest posts

Back