How to sculpture wall-to-wall carpet?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCinPA

It's a lousy picture but I hope it helps. I want to shape the carpet to look something like the attached. Help?

Attachments

• ccc1.png
    ccc1.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 6
A customer asked for something similar
( if I’m assuming correctly) Between a foyer and a living room with two separate carpets. We drew it out with a marker ( on the pad ) stood up, looked at it, tweaked it here and there, then fold one side down. Transfer the marker to the backing of the carpet, every 4” with a dot.
Fold it back and cut free hand through the backside connecting the dots. Fold second piece (different color ) overlapping the newly sculpted edge by three inches and trace the sculpture, ever 2” onto the backside using marker. Cut that edge same way and seam it together! 🤞

Have fun good luck 🍀

A customer asked for something similar
( if I’m assuming correctly) Between a foyer and a living room with two separate carpets. We drew it out with a marker ( on the pad ) stood up, looked at it, tweaked it here and there, then fold one side down. Transfer the marker to the backing of the carpet, every 4” with a dot.
Fold it back and cut free hand through the backside connecting the dots. Fold second piece (different color ) overlapping the newly sculpted edge by three inches and trace the sculpture, ever 2” onto the backside using marker. Cut that edge same way and seam it together! 🤞

Have fun good luck 🍀
Close... But a bit different. Thanks for the post anyway!

Attaching a better picture... I hope.

It's the transition between the carpet and the wood-flooring. Can tap-down be bent to accommodate? Or?

Attachments

• ppp1.png
    ppp1.png
    202.5 KB · Views: 0
Attaching a better picture... I hope.

It's the transition between the carpet and the wood-flooring. Can tap-down be bent to accommodate? Or?

That’s what I thought you meant but wasn’t sure.

That’s totally doable. There is contour metal that you, or the installer, can get and you can bend and contour it to just about whatever shape you want as long as it’s not too sharp of a curve.

Latest posts

Back