I hate stairs, do you?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tell the guy that's installing it. 😁
Nobody this side of the Rockies has a portable binder anyway.

I got 3 and I know a few other installers that own portable binders. Good luck getting one of us to your job site with one because for the average installer that’s used to bangin out yardage it just isn’t worth our time to bring a machine on site and fiddle with binding… cus we got some yardage to bang out!

Scribe it on paper & trace on to your carpet. Cut it & bind it. Done deal. IMG_1926.jpegIMG_1923.jpegIMG_1924.jpeg

I've seen you work here....
....I'll send you the address and let you give em a price 😁
The one I showed is stretched in, not a runner as I originally thought.
It could still be patterned one step at a time, cutting it 1/4 inch oversized on the tread so it can be tucked in.
That's one beautiful set of stairs. 👍

Thank you!

I only do carpet a couple times a year anymore. One of the shops I work out of doesn’t trust these intricate jobs to their regular carpet guys. They know I despise carpet but they ask me to do them because they know shit will be right in the end.

Thank you!

I only do carpet a couple times a year anymore. One of the shops I work out of doesn’t trust these intricate jobs to their regular carpet guys. They know I despise carpet but they ask me to do them because they know shit will be right in the end.
I did that at Big Bob's years ago. He sold used carpet. He had a couple drunks who did that and I did all the new stuff, especially wovens.

Thank you!

Damn....... That sounds close to home.😁
When I think back on some of the jobs I managed to pull off over the decades, it scares the crap out of me. 😁

Damn....... That sounds close to home.😁
When I think back on some of the jobs I managed to pull off over the decades, it scares the crap out of me. 😁
So true High, When the job is finished you step back and wonder how in the world you were able to overcome the obstacles.

Wouldn’t it be nice to have the confidence from start to finish.

The black binding is a brave choice and it works ! Great work Tom 👍 🙇 , especially the connection between bottom pie step and curvy landing. Is that 3 flights of stairs ? I would have figured 1 man 9 days 😳
Thanks! I didn’t choose the binding, a designer made all the choices. That’s a sisal, it should have a wider binding on it.

It’s actually 4 flights! That’s just a couple pics. Here’s a couple more. And I also did some more after!!! This place is insane. There’s 3 elevators in this house. Their filthy rich!!
IMG_1940.jpegIMG_1939.jpegIMG_1937.jpeg

The people that own the house said they didn’t care for the carpet & would probably have me back in a year to replace it!!!! Then ordered more of it for different areas of the house 😂

They had a rich A hole party and their guests loved it. So she did some rich A hole shit and bought more. 😆

……I wish I was a rich A hole. 😝

……I wish I was a rich A hole. 😝
After eating re-fried beans, I have a rich 👃 A-hole 😜, does that count ?

I like the low profile look or is it , no look 😉 of the thin binding, but it’s difficult to fasten properly. I would have been tempted to use black top thread on that one, for an additional change of course 😜 ….. and I really like the flatness of having no padding 🤔

I miss taking and seeing my 🥾 ‘s in pictures of fantasy jobs 😎 but don’t miss that ‘ servant ‘ type feeling, and perfection stress left behind.

Last edited:
After eating re-fried beans, I have a rich 👃 A-hole 😜, does that count ?

I think that’s about as close as guys like us will ever get. 😂

Sometimes I’m worlds apart from my customers. But I do notice that we have a better time with a cold blue light & our blue collar friends than they do with their champagne and hoity toity friends.

I’ll take the money, not the lifestyle!!!

I wish I was a rich A hole

Be careful about what you wish for. I literally live with a bunch of rich assholes, and my dad is the biggest one of ‘em all! I’d straight up push him down the stairs if it wasn’t illegal.

These Mfr’s have all the money in the world but their families are nowhere to be seen. Prolly because they were just plain ol garden variety assholes before they became rich assholes. Umm hmm, $5 says their kids won’t even bother to fly out to spit on their grave when they’re dead. Can’t say I blame them.

Me, I used to want to be rich when I was younger. Problem was every person I ever saw with a decent amount of money was always a miserable person. I saw the transition first hand in my own parents as they got older and their wealth increased. I started to hang out with them less and less as the years went on until I eventually developed the opinion that they can FO while counting their money all by themselves until the day they die. I know I’m here right now with the old man but believe you me, he can still FO.

These days I don’t know what I want to be but I know I definitely don’t want to be a rich asshole.

These days I don’t know what I want to be but I know I definitely don’t want to be a rich asshole.
Could it be from the stress it takes to constantly be chasing after more, or keeping what you have, even though you’re set ? ….. Now here’s an alternative from the list of many. Were they A-holes when they were poor ? Or was it the money 🤷🏻‍♂️
Or growing up in and around the depression and it’s a defense mechanism ? …. To much thought, going back on my knees 😜

Be careful about what you wish for. I literally live with a bunch of rich assholes, and my dad is the biggest one of ‘em all! I’d straight up push him down the stairs if it wasn’t illegal.

These Mfr’s have all the money in the world but their families are nowhere to be seen. Prolly because they were just plain ol garden variety assholes before they became rich assholes. Umm hmm, $5 says their kids won’t even bother to fly out to spit on their grave when they’re dead. Can’t say I blame them.

Me, I used to want to be rich when I was younger. Problem was every person I ever saw with a decent amount of money was always a miserable person. I saw the transition first hand in my own parents as they got older and their wealth increased. I started to hang out with them less and less as the years went on until I eventually developed the opinion that they can FO while counting their money all by themselves until the day they die. I know I’m here right now with the old man but believe you me, he can still FO.

You're an even better person than I thought.

Latest posts

Back