I put this in the pro section so custumers can't cheat us out of the big $$$

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That has to be a joke right? Anybody that would think that is the way has to be as dumb as the guy that is showing it.

Daris
Did ya notice he's using seam sealer instead of bubble repair adhesive? :D
I think for the consumer, it would be better if they'd put all of their furniture on one side of a room, then slide it across to the other side and leave it there. That would do a lot better job at eliminating wrinkles the crazy method that guy used.
I really don't think it was meant as a joke. Funny as heck, and still pretty spendy if he had very many wrinkles.

That's what Daris said. :D
I did a restretch today in a triplex. Two rooms/6 hours. Beat me to death. Carpet was a tight commercial with a pattern and 4" rubber base. The tackstrip was set close to the wall, so I had to remove it and place it farther from the wall............... I double stripped it to make it easier to stretch and tuck back in. One room was 14 feet by 16 and the bedroom I only stretched in width, about 10 feet. I managed to get an inch out of each room, in each direction I stretched. 134 feet of metal had to be replaced.
It was commercial carpet over 7/16, 8 lb rebond. The shop keeps selling heavy 7/16 pad for every install so they only have to stock one pad. :rolleyes:

I should have bought a gallon of Roberts seam sealer instead to save time. :D

Last edited:
This is all I get when I look at that link
Must be a secret :)

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /repair-a-carpet-bubble/ on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.24 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.24 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at extremehowto.com Port 80

ha ha this is funny. Also brings to mind a question.
Had a call today for hall restretch at a best western 130' length 5' wide.
Why the heck was this not a double stick. Am i missing something or just stupid.
Commercial cpt jute pad numerous doors to tie into and heavy carts rolling all day long.

ha ha this is funny. Also brings to mind a question.
Had a call today for hall restretch at a best western 130' length 5' wide.
Why the heck was this not a double stick. Am i missing something or just stupid.
Commercial cpt jute pad numerous doors to tie into and heavy carts rolling all day long.
At least they used jute pad instead of 1/2 inch rebond. ;)

Yea at least they got it half right. No way I was stretching that.
I get alot of headshaker repairs here in ks.
The hacks keep me in business.

Yea at least they got it half right. No way I was stretching that.
I get alot of headshaker repairs here in ks.
The hacks keep me in business.

Thats hard to believe, isn't that home of the divine God of carpet installation?
I woulda thought all the installers there are certified by now.

Thats hard to believe, isn't that home of the divine God of carpet installation?
I woulda thought all the installers there are certified by now.

Close, that would be the mizzou side.
No need for any kinda certification here.

Don't get me started on him.

Heh. Had the pleasure of meeting him once in Wichita.
Was the only flooring shop (star lumber) I've ever worked for in this state
that even cared about learning anything about installation

Latest posts

Back