I want one.

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard rumors of a car that runs on air and figured it was just a another rumor. But low and behold, there she be. I hope it's a sign of the future. This environment needs a change desperately.

I'm thinking of how much heat is produced by my Emglo 2 1/2 HP compressor, and how many minutes it takes to fill the small tanks to 125#. How long would it take to fill the tank/tanks on one of those cars and how much energy would it take? The compressed air that those need are far above the my measly 125#
It seems like converting energy directly into power would be a lot more efficient that converting energy into a stored product, then converting it back into power again.
I think the electric/gas hybrid car is one of the best solutions yet.

Gas>car, go some place. OK, in fairness we have to get the gas from some really old dead leaves and twigs. ;)

Coal power> electricity> loss of power through electrical transmission lines> to compressor> lost energy to compress the air> even more loss once the compressed air cools (shrinks), > How much energy is lost during 'refueling' > how efficient is the air motor?

It would be nice if it works as good as it says, but these look like grocery getters and you'd still need your 'real' car.

Just thought of it now............... I wonder if Road and Track or Motor Trend has tested these?
...........looks like I need to get googlin'
....oh crap, I gotta to get to work, it's 10:00 already. :(

I'll agree that there's lots of bugs to be worked out, but in order for us to continue into the future, we'll need to find a way to wean ourselves OFF the the "old leaves and twigs" for the bigger part. Our demand for that stuff is at staggering proportions and growning in leaps and bounds.

Sure, there's so called big oil finds, in the Atlantic off South America, but how will the cost of retrieving oil from some of these places have an even larger effect on this waining economy once that fuel gets to the pumps, not to mention the effects on our atmosphere if we keep going down this road. I say Hooray! for these people that are testing the waters for the vehicles of the future.

If I had work, I'd be working today too. Good for you!

Latest posts

Back