Independence Day

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
Let's remember, it's not about fireworks.

july 4th.jpg

For me it is, kinda, since I work for the largest fireworks company in the world. Watch for me at the Statue of Liberty on the 4th of July! You all be safe and I'll see you in a week!

Well..... havasu might know more about fireworks. But interesting question is... What is the significance of fireworks on 4th Of July Celebration?

I went and did some reading on the subject. For me it replicates the Bombs Bursting in Air, Rockets Red Glare.

But I found this:

The reason we use fireworks as part of the 4th of July celebration is this:

John Adams (a Founding Father and signer of the Declaration), wrote a letter to his wife, and said that Independence Day "will be the most memorable Epocha, in the History of America...It will be celebrated, by succeeding Generations, as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance by solemn Acts of Devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews [performances], Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations [fireworks] from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more."

Also read that many towns competed to see who could build the largest bonfire, they built towering pyramids and burnt them.

And:

midst of war, only a year after the signing of the Declaration of Independence, the bright fireworks gave a sign of awe, hope and patriotism to the young United States of America.

Thank you, I've always likes to blow things up as a child. To bad we cannot get those M-80's I use to get from Mehico when I was a kind, yes, no one ever checked me going across.

I need some rain so I don't burn down my neighborhood.:D

Good find Ernesto. I miss the M-80's too. I know a guy that knows a guy that .....well you get the picture....gets some really BIG firecrackers. Bottle rockets are great too. we've set off about two cases in a single shot. We need rain really bad here.

Latest posts

Back