Insanity

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Add in that if kids are allowed to be without parental supervision for 2 seconds it is called "free range childrearing" (or something like that) & it is actually illegal in some states. /facepalm
My father got to run around in the woods and all over as a kid. I got to run around the neighborhood, climb trees, and explore as a kid. I just can't imagine kids having to be supervised every second. It's so stifling.
I mean, I get that people should make sure their kids aren't being destructive & should make sure their kids are safe, but it's just gotten crazy.

Staring around 5 or 6, my buddy and I would walk a mile to the lake and mess around most of the day. Had to be home to eat and at night by the time the streetlights came on. Even now, my 13 year old grandson wanders all over town by himself. Someone tried to break into their garage Sunday and he chased them away. ( he is 6' and somewhere over 250) Probably a lot of grown men he could thump.

I recall as a little kid, "stay in the neighborhood" was the only request. I don't ever recall being stopped from going wherever we wanted. We just went as far away as we felt comfortable. We lived across the street from the high school and two blocks away was "the woods", and five blocks away was the grade school. Once out of kindergarten or first grade I think we walked to school.

I recall as a little kid, "stay in the neighborhood" was the only request. I don't ever recall being stopped from going wherever we wanted. We just went as far away as we felt comfortable. We lived across the street from the high school and two blocks away was "the woods", and five blocks away was the grade school. Once out of kindergarten or first grade I think we walked to school.
I lived across the street from my grade school and was still only a mile from the lake and it was in the country.

My father was allowed to go wherever he wanted as a kid. His parents didn't question. He would play in abandoned buildings, play in the woods, and generally was unsupervised most of the time. My mother had more controlling parents (mostly her mother) but was still allowed to go out and play so long as she wasn't loud (at least not loud enough for my grandmother to hear-- she had migraines) and was back before the street light went out. In her late teens she once got grounded because someone told her parents they saw one of her female friends kissing a boy when my mother was near them. Her two older sisters both got knocked up fairly young. There were 5 girls and my mother was the 3rd one. They were all a year apart. Oldest got pregnant at 16. 2nd one got pregnant at 15. Both had to marry the father's of their babies. Worked out for the 2nd one- she's still married to him. Oldest is on husband #4.
My parents trusted me so I didn't feel resentful or feel the need to betray that trust. I made sure to let them know where I was, if I was going to be home late, etc. Of course from like age 10 to 15 I lived on a farm in the middle of the woods. I used to go for walks from 2am to 4am with the cats and dogs following along (but always staying in my yard under the security light where I could see). When we moved overseas I was able to safely walk to many places-- I mostly went to the comic book store.
On a complete weird side note, since the title of this thread is Insanity:
flatearthglobe.jpg

I remember watching my brother (4 years younger) after school and during summers. We rode bikes all over the neighborhood. And had family around if something happened. Walked on pipes over a stream to get to the other side. Rode bikes to store outside of neighborhood. Occasionally walked home from school (about 3 or 4 miles). Kids are too guarded and have no time to learn to use their thinking and instincts these days.

I think the shorter list would be of what people are allowed to wear in there.
No Timberlands? Eff that! Those are expensive & not the kinds that bums would have. They are very good boots.
From the sign it seems like they hate working class people. LOL.

In LA, they are currently paying 3.87 for regular and 4.13 for diesel

California wants a stronger mandate that would add 36 to 44 cents a gallon as an addition to it's cap and trade credits which raise prices, more expensive blends and high taxes.

Oil is relatively affordable at around 70 dollars per barrel.

They want to f
In LA, they are currently paying 3.87 for regular and 4.13 for diesel

California wants a stronger mandate that would add 36 to 44 cents a gallon as an addition to it's cap and trade credits which raise prices, more expensive blends and high taxes.

Oil is relatively affordable at around 70 dollars per barrel.
They want to force people into mass transit. Oregon has that mentality.:rolleyes:

Many of us in So Cal are supporting the "Yes on 6" campaign. This not only immediately reduces our gas tax by $.12 - $.18 cents per gallon, but any future gas tax increase will only be decided by a 2/3rd's vote of the people. It will also stop that friggin train to nowhere that that libtard Brownstain keeps dumping money at. I have 30-40 of these signs in my garage still, and my city has about 200 posted up at all intersections.

Many of us in So Cal are supporting the "Yes on 6" campaign. This not only immediately reduces our gas tax by $.12 - $.18 cents per gallon, but any future gas tax increase will only be decided by a 2/3rd's vote of the people. It will also stop that friggin train to nowhere that that libtard Brownstain keeps dumping money at. I have 30-40 of these signs in my garage still, and my city has about 200 posted up at all intersections.
Didn't voters last year try to put something on the ballot and it was dismissed because politicians said that only politicians can decide stuff like that?

Missouri has a proposition on the ballot to raise gas tax by 10 cents a gallon. I hope it does not pass. Gas increases hit us more than many places because income is much lower here. It cost me $70 to fill my FIL's pickup now and it only gets 8-10 mpg on the hiway.

I went to a Howard Jarvis (Prop 13 designer) recently, and the man who placed it on the ballet was there. We have a 3 million $ budget, but Cal Trans and all the road workers (you know, the same guys who has 4 guys standing next to a hole, while one guy digs) has a budget of $30 Million. If you read the find print, Brown stain still has provisions to allocate the road tax into balancing the general fund and to continue to add another 90 BILLION $ into his train to nowhere. All their adds are using scare tactics that without a no vote on Prop 6, all of our bridges will fail and collapse. You know, scare tactics, pure and simple.

Latest posts

Back