IVC Vinyl Plank

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick

In Remembrance
IVC Vinyl Luxury Plank . private label, with their white floor muffler under it.

Consumer says it is chipping at edges. Less then a year old .

I never seen this before , maybe one of you guys have a clue what is going on .

In photo # 1 you can see the white pad under it .

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 4.jpg

My bets on the cushion causing to much movement. (sorry ken) :D

The job I just R&R'd that had cushion under it had numerous gapped ends and broken locking mechanisms on the groove side end joints.

That was my thought to E, But the owner said IVC recomened the pad go under it .
Thanks for the reply.

Well, when their sheet vinyl came out, they changed installation instructions and seam sealers weekly. They may have changed cushions and/or whether to use them several times for the plank. You need to see if the cushion they sold at the time this was installed is the same they want used now.

Floor is less then a year old . Only 6,000' of it .

Most of the damage is where the desks are , and they are rolling the chairs over it.

I have to go out and look at it in person.
Is there anything that don't void the warranty on the crap they make today?:mad:

I have to go out and look at it in person.
Is there anything that don't void the warranty on the crap they make today?:mad:

Hee hee, not really. Might be hard plastic castor wheels vs the softer king. But boy are those soft wheels expensive!

Nick

That was my thought to E, But the owner said IVC recomened the pad go under it .
Thanks for the reply.

Today 08:56 PM

Awesome!

As far as I know, the IVC plank comes in a locking/floating as well as a glued version. I almost wonder if they installed the glued version on top of the pad since the company recommends it under the floating version.

Thanks , Roland . It was a combination of a few things.
The rollers , and the floor was out of flat up to a half inch.
The owner of the building didn't want to pay to have it leveled . :confused:

Latest posts

Back