Knee pads

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's meant more as a joke that you'd be nutz to tolerate the squating, foul tips, dust, sweat and home plate collisions. In reality the catcher is "calling the game," or at least I did. That means I'm not only telling the pitcher where and how to throw the ball but also have to direct the defense once the ball is in play as the catcher is the only player with the whole field directly in view.

No one REALLY thinks the catcher is a dummy.

Sorry everyone for going on a side subject, hijacking, whatever you call it. I'll never forget when the coach would tell my catcher son to hold the ball, but he'd never listen and throw it to the base players to get people out. At some point, they realized it was useless to tell him not to do something, and it was also not the right thing to keep him from doing what his gut told him to do. As he got a lot of people out.

Tia

The implication is that the dumbest guy on the team has to play catcher.

Actually the phrase was intended to be ironic.

No matter how much equipment those guys have on [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUeieIXUyoU"]they still get their bell rung[/ame]. Should be the tools of lunacy. I do like the pads they squat on.

12657006.jpg

Neat, musta cracked his mask. I was always afraid of being catcher, so I practiced my pitching. I hit allot of players. If it was a bad azz team I would hit the first player really hard and make him cry. The rest would all stand 3 feet away from the plate. Strrrrrrike! lol

Easy on us catchers. I was catcher in high school. I guess I was the dumbest cause I went into flooring. Now going on 47 years. 50 years out of HS this year.

Daris

It's interesting to me that we, who could not just tolerate catching in baseball, but actually LOVED it found a line of work where we're both physically and mentally challenged in a way that 90-95% of people wouldn't consider for 15 seconds as a rational life choice.

it's for us

but not them

huh?

IMO the percentage is higher...maybe 99.5%. Though I think people really don't consider it because of the apparent poor compensation. There are many jobs that require equal or more of either mental & physical ability or a combination that either compensate or the promise of is much better. Most doing this can't retire and if they are forced to they are crippled and broke.

He was a receiver alright...of a lifetime ban from baseball for gambling on- so he claims, on his team to win.

No argument here...Rose has one speed- win. Read cobb's biography and tell me rose doesn't belong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back