L&N Services INC Closes; Owes Inspectors $1 Million +

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
So I have not seen any news in trade publications about this. Some inspectors personally lost tens of thousands of dollars across the U.S. and maybe Hawaii and Alaska. No one knows if they are filing bankruptcy as they return no calls and have made no effort to contact the hundreds of inspectors doing work for them.
The website is down so if you had claims I hope you made copies.
I'd contact the manufacturers that you did claims for to see if you can recoup some funds. Luckily I only got dinged for $750. First time in my career I have lost money by swindlers.

I would hope the manufacturers step up and help the inspectors that have been providing them claims reports for many years.

www.lninc.biz/manf_default.asp

http://www.whois.com/whois/lninc.biz

Last edited:
Well I think they're move to Texas was orchestrated because of texas bankruptcy laws. Those people were gamblers, living high on the hog from what I hear and robbing Peter to pay Paul. Just like GC's do.

I was leary and stopped for awhile because of slow payments. Then Matt calls and begs but I put them on a leash, no inspections unless last month was paid up. So they got me for one month.

Inspectors are contacting me I don't know why. But Lee told me the same thing. However you cannot get paid up front from a broker or a manufacturer. Direct claims yes absolutely.

Its a shame that this happened really. Lew took me under his wing on the advice of Selva when I started inspecting and never gave me guff about not having that piece of paper.

Never did Mills , or the like E. I won't lie for them to keep getting work.

Not saying you did, But i know inspectors who do so the mills keep using them .

Never did Mills , or the like E. I won't lie for them to keep getting work.

Not saying you did, But i know inspectors who do so the mills keep using them .

Yeah well facts dont lie. I find it difficult to see how one can lie on a report when you submit facts backed by industry standards with pics.. I only did a few a month and theres so many bad installs out here. Inspectors can be sued.
One of the last ones went against a major manufacturer. I iust report what i see.
I heard the big laminate manufacturer is going with another broker who rewrites reports to favor themselves. Im done with this industry as far as mill inspections.

I did a follow up inspection , then it went to arbitration at the home owners house .

I got the other inspector to the side and asked him why he wrote a bogus report . He said because the builder gives him work.

I told the home owner to call NWFA and report him.

She said they told her they would put a black mark in his folder.

Are you shitting me ? Loss all respect for NWFA after that .

Yup, the reason that piece of paper from whom ever makes no difference. Especially in court a well seasoned installer can beat any certified inspector if he knows his stuff.
You should have read the reports some iicrc guy here wrote i went behind. Hes gone. Theres one other here, old guy and specializes in LL claims. Stays very busy.

I agree about the paper thing. Worked many years used by major mills almost exclusively. They didn't ask. The last several years however they have been asking so I been doing it (the cert thing). I have told some mills that they need to be looking at qualified people rather than certified. Ethics are a big thing in the inspector community, but yeah there are some hit man guys out there. More just not qualified though. I get to go behind some of them, it's usually fun for me.

Mike

Latest posts

Back