LL say NO

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FloorMaven

They don't warrant against delamination.

LL+says+no.jpg

Delam is a manufacturing defect. One cannot send out defective product and say your not going to warrant it. It is clearly a bond line failure and every man is accepting it as that.

I've read that one before. Looks like you fall into the 5% milling defect category.

Not me but the client...if that doesn't do it I'm sure the rh would. The warranty is silent on latent defects, I think that provides some wiggle room.

Not me but the client...if that doesn't do it I'm sure the rh would. The warranty is silent on latent defects, I think that provides some wiggle room.

LL sends out their independent hit man from their installation division, he calls it site conditions due to low rh. Well, site condition can and does have something to do with it, however delam is still a manufacturing defect. Splitting and checking is an inherent charachteristic of rotary peeled eg; knife checks. So it was there already but only surfaced when exposed to loe rh.

So basically by the rules they will give the client a store credit with amount equal to the one board price?
"If any portion of your floor should fail with respect to this warranty, we will provide a store credit for the purchase price paid for the defective portion of the flooring (excluding any installation costs and labor) in excess of the applicable waste factor mentioned in “What’s Covered.”"

i drove by a small place selling organic produce on my way to the job today---the name---funny farm---- i bet they have happy floors too

Latest posts

Back