Making a wrong assumption

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
If you get bored with my stories, let me know.
We did a lot of craft shows for years. There was these two brothers who did a lot of wood carving that I got to know. Bib overalls, flannel shirts, figured they were just hayseeds. One day I asked Maynard, really his name, what did you do before you retired? He said, have you heard of Almogordo, New Mexico? I said yes. He said he worked there, setting up the computers for the nuclear weapons program. Yep, I felt like an idiot.

To be fair though, they had no running water and no electricity on their farm. They washed their clothes with well water and hung them on a tree to dry.

Last edited:
If I win the Powerball, I'm still gonna wear $16 Wrangler jeans and drive a Chevy. It wouldn't change me a bit.
Unassuming would be my middle name. I like to blend in.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230907-225913.png
    Screenshot_20230907-225913.png
    343.2 KB · Views: 0
If you get bored with my stories
Never, share more, that’s a good one and I learned a new expression ‘ hayseed’ 😜

I ran into a nice guy at my brothers Labor Day party. Clean cut, well groomed, well dressed, retired on SS early at 62 as per his financial advisor and guess what ? He’s homeless living out of his Chevy 😜 Likes to park at train stations and Walmart, said he never gets bothered by
5-o Takes the extra money he’s saving and invests it. 🤔

Attachments

• 04957109-A490-43AD-917D-76065CB6B246.jpeg
    04957109-A490-43AD-917D-76065CB6B246.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
If I win the Powerball, I'm still gonna wear $16 Wrangler jeans and drive a Chevy. It wouldn't change me a bit.
Unassuming would be my middle name. I like to blend in.
I never got my monies worth out of Wranglers. They'd wear thin/through or rip pretty quickly. Only Levis would last me.

Latest posts

Back