Mark you friends are here

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say those aboard the ship have already been quarantined for more than 14 days.

I would say those aboard the ship have already been quarantined for more than 14 days.
Not to mention before getting on the ship you know they had been tested. So they were tested, then boarded the ship, then 14 days later nobody comes down with symptoms and they're probably tested again, and that's not good enough they need another two weeks? Speaking about crazy talk. I think the lady is racist against Canadians. 😁

Not to mention before getting on the ship you know they had been tested. So they were tested, then boarded the ship, then 14 days later nobody comes down with symptoms and they're probably tested again, and that's not good enough they need another two weeks? Speaking about crazy talk. I think the lady is racist against Canadians. 😁

highup did you read this part?
Over the last couple of weeks we have had three or four ships from overseas bringing the virus with them causing problems with what to do with those people. Some ports do not want the ship here at all. NZ is trying to keep the virus out of the country period so therefore I can understand that ladies concerns

Quote from that link

It would seem to go against the Government's COVID-19 laws that everyone coming into the country, whether through the airport or the maritime border, must spend 14 days in MIQ.

But the HMCS Calgary isn't breaking the rules. The frigate has been given diplomatic clearance from MFAT to join the New Zealand Navy for some sport and culture programmes.

After Newshub made enquiries about the ship, the New Zealand Defence Force released details of the visit.

It said the ship will comply with the Maritime Border Order, as their 17 days at sea counts as isolation, and everyone leaving the Calgary will need a negative test.

Of the 3 or 4 ships that arrived, were they all military ships with people that have been on the ship for 14 days and had no signs of covid and tested free of covid?
Or were they just people that arrived on ships?

Of the 3 or 4 ships that arrived, were they all military ships with people that have been on the ship for 14 days and had no signs of covid and tested free of covid?
Or were they just people that arrived on ships?
Here is one
https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new...telton-port-after-potential-covid-19-exposureAnother
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national...try-to-vessel-with-covid-19-infected-mariners
And the latest to keep the virus out of NZ
https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/worl...r-two-months/ar-AAMsmLZ?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

Last edited:
So why can't they offload the natural gas?
It sounds like if somebody sees a ship and someone on board the ship might have com near someone that might have had covid, the ship can't come in.
There's no way that you can unload LPG without the ship workers or the dock workers french kissing?
I still see people in town all the time driving by themselves in the car with their freaking mask on. The wind's blowing 15 miles an hour and the walking down the boardwalk by themselves with the mask on. I stopped scratching my head because it bleeds too much when I see crazy happening.

So why can't they offload the natural gas?
It sounds like if somebody sees a ship and someone on board the ship might have com near someone that might have had covid, the ship can't come in.
There's no way that you can unload LPG without the ship workers or the dock workers french kissing?
I still see people in town all the time driving by themselves in the car with their freaking mask on. The wind's blowing 15 miles an hour and the walking down the boardwalk by themselves with the mask on. I stopped scratching my head because it bleeds too much when I see crazy happening.

They can if the ship is clear
NZ doesnt want the virus here, look what happened at Sydney because they basically let people do what they like when someone spreads the virus
I keep saying NZers love to not worry about doing their daily things without worrying Still no cases in the community only cases from people bringing the virus in who are in quarantine picked up at the boarders

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-...-covid-19-vaccine-12-15-year-olds-2021-07-22/Look at this then tell me who those 80 would have spread the virus if not stopped entering NZ
https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work...19-data-and-statistics/covid-19-current-cases

Last edited:
I don't know how LNG is unloaded from ships and who has to have contact with who

The ship does not have covid.
Where I live the longshoreman are our local workers that do all the loading and unloading. If they were a mask and the people on board the ship wear masks.....
...... I'm just trying to figure out how covid jumps 200 ft from one person to another in the air outdoors with a slight breeze blowing...... And with everyone wearing masks. This is dangerous but it's not nuclear radioactivity.

I don't know how LNG is unloaded from ships and who has to have contact with who

The ship does not have covid.
Where I live the longshoreman are our local workers that do all the loading and unloading. If they were a mask and the people on board the ship wear masks.....
...... I'm just trying to figure out how covid jumps 200 ft from one person to another in the air outdoors with a slight breeze blowing...... And with everyone wearing masks. This is dangerous but it's not nuclear radioactivity.

highup the problem is mixing NZ staff, pilots, customs, medical people etc who need to board any ship coming into NZ, captain not allowed to drive his ship up to the wharf which means some NZers have to board the ship. Customs looking for drugs etc. I am certain the same would happen in the USA. Once along the side of the wharf things would be fine to unload
From one of those links

Having the vessel return with known cases aboard puts staff and the community at a higher risk, he said.

Roper said throughout the pandemic the port had followed Ministry of Health protocols, including those for crew transfers.

"However we believe having the vessel return with known Covid-19 cases aboard is a completely different scenario."

As well as the safety aspect, the port needed to consider staff resourcing and customers, he said.

"We have a limited number of pilots, and the pilot on duty for the vessel's return would likely be required to self-isolate for a period and therefore be unavailable for routine cargo vessels.

Empty ships come in here and either wood chips or logs exit. Customs is not involved and yes a pilot needs to be on board both ways.
One would think with the miracles of science that there are some good masks that could be worn. Shipping is the wheels of the world. When you stop shipping the Earth stops turning. One would think they'd have a fix for this.
Besides if the crew was quarantined together for 14 days on the ship why do they need another 14 days once they get to New Zealand. 28 days is a long quarantine. This wasn't an aircraft carrier with 5,000 personnel. One would think that the Navy would be very cautious to be sure or make sure that men on board their ships are safe.
Passenger ships and some other ships I can understand.
What I don't understand is of someone hasn't divided a workaround to make this process safe. It's not like you get covid from touching a ship or the steering wheel on the ship. Rubber gloves would fix that and sanitizer would fix that.
I just see that level of cautiousness as man overboard.

During this entire pandemic from start to finish, I do not recall no ships coming into port.
...... And yes the Chinese do come here to buy a ship load of logs. They take it home to use for concrete forms and then they throw it away. They run their equipment full throttle till it explodes because they don't know what maintenance is. Very wasteful as was seen by one of the log brokers who went to China to witness what happened with their logs. He was very disappointed.

During this entire pandemic from start to finish, I do not recall no ships coming into port.
...... And yes the Chinese do come here to buy a ship load of logs. They take it home to use for concrete forms and then they throw it away. They run their equipment full throttle till it explodes because they don't know what maintenance is. Very wasteful as was seen by one of the log brokers who went to China to witness what happened with their logs. He was very disappointed.

Your not getting it. The Canadian Navy is allowed to walk off the ship due to this

It said the ship will comply with the Maritime Border Order, as their 17 days at sea counts as isolation, and everyone leaving the Calgary will need a negative test.

Now those other ships of which some of the crew have Covid on board the ship not being allowed into NZ without going into quarantine
Big difference

Okay I'll have to go back and read the initial story again. I thought it said 14 days. I figured if the guys on the ship were isolated for 17 days that would be more than the 14 days.
I'll reread the article.

I just reread the article pertaining to the sailors all being vaccinated and having been on the ship for 17 days.
So the lady complaining says the fully vaccinated sailors need to spend 14 more days in isolation before they can leave the ship?

Okay I'll have to go back and read the initial story again. I thought it said 14 days. I figured if the guys on the ship were isolated for 17 days that would be more than the 14 days.
I'll reread the article.

Thats the only sentence you need. That lady who was complaining probably didnt know the story before she started jumping up and down

Canadians are a dangerous breed of humans that should be contained to a vessel indefinitely lest they spread good will and politeness around the globe unbalancing the natural order of things for all time.

Canadians are a dangerous breed of humans that should be contained to a vessel indefinitely lest they spread good will and politeness around the globe unbalancing the natural order of things for all time.

Mark what you are saying is that when your sailors meet our young ladies here in August is that it could raise the standards of New Zealanders? :)

Latest posts

Back