Mold on engineered wood flooring, patching it

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smolfloor

Hi everyone!

I found mold under a plastic chair mat that sat on top of engineered wood flooring (glued down to concrete slab) for many, many years. It was under a TV stand, ignored. I sheeted off the area, removed the mat, and treated the surface with Concrobium. I have been airing the area out each day with fans and out a window, but there is still a mold smell.

Thinking about removing the stained wood floor pieces and fogging with Concrobium to try to get rid of the mold/smell. Want to make sure I address any mold issues before hiring someone more skilled than I to install replacement flooring :)

Wonder if anyone has any advice for anything else I should do?

Thanks!

1-prep-cleanup.JPG
2-cleanup.JPG
3-post-cleanup.JPG

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with that product, but looks like TSP.
I saw your other post. If you used that product on the concrete, I'm wondering if it needs to be neutrilized and rinsed so the adhesive bond isn't compromised.

I'm not familiar with that product, but looks like TSP.
I saw your other post. If you used that product on the concrete, I'm wondering if it needs to be neutrilized and rinsed so the adhesive bond isn't compromised.

Good question I will look into it, thank you.

Latest posts

Back