New tool

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Monfils

Professional
Pro
This may be the best tool ever!
Milwaukee M18 Fuel plunge track saw… love it.
IMG_0567.jpeg
IMG_0690.jpeg
IMG_0671.jpeg
IMG_0667.jpeg

Me too !
I got some track mounts and a track square today.
IMG_0678.jpeg
IMG_0699.jpeg

I used the saw to cut a bunch of 3/4” plywood the other day.
I have also used it to cut about 10 doors.
The cuts are perfect and splinter free.
No need to use painters, tape, and score hollow luan doors.
Another nice feature is the saw does not touch the work surface. Sometimes, when cutting white doors, my circular saw would leave marks on the door.
I made most of the cuts with no dust collection. The last couple doors I cut I use the dust bag, and was amazed by the amount of dust that collects. I have not tried it using a vacuum yet.
I just got 1 55” inch track for now.
I plan on getting some more tracks and connectors.

What's that for? When ya just need a few shots?

It’ll work for that but I got it because I mounted my air compressor in my van. You run 100’? of 3/8” air hose into the house then plug that into the tank. Now you have an extra 10 gallons of capacity that is also much closer to the air tools. You’re eliminating the parasitic loss you would have if you were pulling air through 150’ or 200’+ of 1/4” air hose. Everybody plugs their air hoses in to the tank and we don’t have to hear the air compressor.

I let the air compressor roll at 135 PSI and regulate it down to 110 at the tank. I’d have to be pulling some serious air to drop below 110. Only negative so far is that tank is heavy. Gotta be damn near 30 to 40 pounds. Upside is it’s much quieter while working in the houses though. Don’t have to shout or blast the radio over top of the damn air compressor.

Nice 👍 now you’re mounting the new one to a smaller truck, a hand truck 😆
We are wired to improve ! And ! Don, Highup and C. J. Light 💡 it up 👍 , you too JP, but now you have to go invent an eatable Staw 😜

I thought about building an air compressor hand truck but I’m so tired of listening to those damn thing that I put em in the shed and called it a day.

Apparently I’m not the only one who hates them damn things.
image.jpg

Have a good one CJ …. I’m heading out soon to pull pad staples along the perimeter of LR, DR, 2 BR’s HALL, every 4” on concrete 🫤 …. Half on pad, half on tackless. Just when you thought you got them all over the past 21 years, you find another one to be ever so grateful for… NOT ! 🥵

Nice 👍 now you’re mounting the new one to a smaller truck, a hand truck 😆
We are wired to improve ! And ! Don, Highup and C. J. Light 💡 it up 👍 , you too JP, but now you have to go invent an eatable Staw 😜
I'm assuming edible straw? Maybe it could turn into bubble gum. You can make the straws into the same flavors as the milkshake and soda pop.
Want to go halvsies on the venture? We could retire and afford all the plastic straws we desire. 😁

I thought about building an air compressor hand truck but I’m so tired of listening to those damn thing that I put em in the shed and called it a day.

Apparently I’m not the only one who hates them damn things. View attachment 17240
Not just the noise, you don't have to lift the damn thing off the tailgate and put it back up there.
How come no one has thought of making the motor and the tank separate?
Wanna go halvsies and we'll split the profit?
....on second thought,
.........I thought this up all by myself. Get back to what you were doin' 🤣

It took 4 hours for me and my niece to TUO cpt. Pad, pull staples and shop vac clean.

Hey ! What’s that in my potato salad ? 😜

Attachments

• 48A1318A-7F88-412E-B01C-93784C14E79D.jpeg
    48A1318A-7F88-412E-B01C-93784C14E79D.jpeg
    663.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 84DF5005-459B-4892-93EF-C7004FDEF237.jpeg
    84DF5005-459B-4892-93EF-C7004FDEF237.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back