Newbie here!

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hi all,

Floorist referred me here, and couldn't come at a better time. I am currently 3/4 done with a 1000 sq. ft. wood plank tile job. My back is killing me, my knees are shot, but it is turning out fantastic! :D

Here are a few pics which were taken with my cell phone today.

1319240801817.jpg

1318801236497.jpg

1319240829194.jpg

1319240882409.jpg

The job is finally complete. I also had to install new baseboards, a few doors and moldings. I installed 1137 sq. feet, which took about 8 very long days. I also tiled a small linen closet top to add a little more color to the hallway. Once the new carpet is installed in the rooms, this job will be officially over.

1319647485535.jpg

1319734564106.jpg

1319758197664.jpg

1319758157038.jpg

1319758236889.jpg

Lookin great, havasu. Pictures are kind small,
(not something you often hear from a dial-up guy) :D
so I can't tell if it's it on concrete or wood. Is it glued down?
Welcome to the site. I'm kinda slow with my 'howdya do's'

regarding the size of the pictures...most forums include auto-resize...apparently this one doesn't. The flooring is ceramic wood plank tiles, set on concrete slab. They were all layed with thin set with a 1/16th" grout line.

regarding the size of the pictures...most forums include auto-resize...apparently this one doesn't. The flooring is ceramic wood plank tiles, set on concrete slab. They were all layed with thin set with a 1/16th" grout line.

Why even use any grout at all? Looks nice.

I don't care what anyone says.........size does matter.:D
I'm not sure about the actual file size, but it looks like a free for all here n the Flooring Forum using a jpg.
900 by 600ish works good on my screen.
(no, the image I showed here isn't that size)

Wow, ceramic wood? Petrified trees? :D

File size on Flooring Forum.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, don't think I didn't try avoiding the grout headache. The nice thing is the fact that I taught the homeowner (my g/f) how to grout, and she did the rest of the house. She did a fine job as well!

I was hoping to avoid grout, but the voids would have just turned into dirt collectors.

Grout, dirt, same thing. The grout gets dirty. Ever do any epoxy grout? The new stuff is fantastic. Well, some new stuff.

Hi, Everyone I am rosalind basically from Beltsville. Since last year I am doing flooring business. I found this site very interesting, So I decided to join it.

Latest posts

Back