NVIDIA GeForce 6600 LE

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
I ran AVAST quick scan last night and went to bed. This morning, I clicked away the avast page and rebooted the computer.
All of the icons on the desktop were rearranged in a nice neat order........... well, out of order. They were nice and neat, but not the way I had them organized.
Next, the computer had discovered some "new hardware" The NVIDIA GeForce 6600 LE. This was already on the confuzer. :confused:
I never watch any video stuff because of my dialup, or do any gaming.
Does that video or graphics card do anything other than help with those type of functions?
I ask, because now when I have two windows open, and I drag one of them sideways, the window moves incredibly slow.
Also, when scrolling up and down during certain functions, that movement is also slow.

Is it a video card, or a graphics card? ....or both?
What other things do these cards do? It appears it has affected the speed of some kinds of movement, unrelated to what I'd consider a video related movement.

GeForce new hardware.jpg

Device manager and  Video controller issue.jpg

Last edited:
Add / Remove programs show NVIDIA............. bit it's empty.
I tried Windows Media Player with an old movie and it's a no-go. I guess that thing is needed.

NVDEA add remove page.jpg

I found their website and took a nap while the drivers downloaded. Everything works now.:confused:
Even the desktop returned to normal. When moving or sliding a minimized window, it's no longer moving like molasses.
I popped in a CD called Mega Shark VS Octopus Giant.......... it's playing fine too.
.............................Oh my God, the Megashark just bit the middle section out of the Golden Gate Bridge.:eek:
What else does a video card do?
On a live shipping map, some of the icons have not been functioning very well for 6 months. Now they seem to be fine.

Last edited:
I guess there both the same. I'm just surprised it has functions other than video and gaming stuff. I wouldn't think it would have an effect on something as mundane as dragging a window across the screen.
The shipping website icons I mentioned 'sorta' worked even with the video card did not having any drivers. That said, it functions normal again for the first time in a long time. Thanks for the link.

Latest posts

Back