or those of you who like older cars

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon

In memory...
Supporting Member
Pro
We went to a 50th birthday party a couple of Saturdays ago
Here are a couple of pictures of his car and his cake. It must of taken hours to make that cake

THE CAKE.jpg

THE CAR 2.jpg

THE CAR !.jpg

Something looks wrong with that picture, Jon. I thought the British put the steering wheel on the wrong side, and you guys put the steering wheel upside down. ;)
I do hope that's a Chevy engine... spark plug wiring had me stumped for a minute.

Last edited:
I think it's a Ford. The valve cover doesn't look Chevy and neither does the water pump. The exhaust pattern looks like Chevy, though I might get fooled. Nice car.

When I was down there, we went to a race and found it interesting that they all drove on the right side of the car but they still raced counter clockwise. It would be weird not being on the inside of the curve in the car I'd think, unless of course, that's how you were raised.:)

I think it's a Ford. The valve cover doesn't look Chevy and neither does the water pump. The exhaust pattern looks like Chevy, though I might get fooled. Nice car.

When I was down there, we went to a race and found it interesting that they all drove on the right side of the car but they still raced counter clockwise. It would be weird not being on the inside of the curve in the car I'd think, unless of course, that's how you were raised.:)
I was thinkin that too................. but a 96 and up SBC 350 has the distributor up front under the water pump (note the plug wires)
Here's the bolt pattern on the rockers.

http://www.marineengine.com/parts/mercury-marine-diagrams/img/mercruiser/809543.95/18.gif

Then again, the head angle don't look Cheby.
Jon?

Last edited:
I'm not good at dating cars and models.............. unless it's a '73 Chevy 1/2 ton stepside pickup. ;)
I'm thinkin the car is a 32, but it's really the engine, that Darol and I were questioning. Chevy or Ferd.

Yep. That's a new one on me. And it's been around for a while too. So much for my knowledge of the newer stuff.:rolleyes: I googled LT1 and could see the distributor in front. I'll bet that thing's got some poop.

Saw Clint who owns the car last night
its 32 Ford Tudor Corvette with a 350 Cubic inch computer contolled LT1 with a 9 inch Posilock diff
Jon, Of course it has the Posilock.
.......Probably Positrac.. another GM product which also enhances the value of a FORD above and beyond the addition of that GM LT1. :D

Yep. That's a new one on me. And it's been around for a while too. So much for my knowledge of the newer stuff.:rolleyes: I googled LT1 and could see the distributor in front. I'll bet that thing's got some poop.
It does Darol......... my nephew had a '94 Caprice with an LT 1 and it got up and scooted.
Same Cubes as my 350, but the roller cam allows a much much longer range of torque.
Ya don't wait for it to wind up to the power range........... it's already there at the get go.

Ford had a really nice body for them GM parts to slip into. :D

Latest posts

Back