or those of you who like older cars

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does it say that's no good?

I tried downloading the ghost site, but it doesn't work. Once it's done, it's nowhere to be found. Here anyway.

......oh, sure......... make me click on the link again. :D

Are you running Firefox?
Here's Ghosty on my screen....................... little fella shows just one tracker here.

Ghosty.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Here's the warning that WOT (Ghostery) displays when I click on the link. Not sure why it's rated this bad. The ratings come from people that have visited the site and something made them rate it poorly.

Might be the competition rating it poorly too. Or maybe somones motor blew up and they didn't fitz it.

OK. I finally found where it was on my pc and I use IE for my browser. I have to click on an arrow below where yours is High, (upper right) then a little window opens and the top one says, " Ghost found the following, (Blocked: 0 of 1) and the only site I've been to with it, is the one I posted. Yep, I'm confused again.:confused: Maybe I don't need to know this stuff.:)

OK. I finally found where it was on my pc and I use IE for my browser. I have to click on an arrow below where yours is High, (upper right) then a little window opens and the top one says, " Ghost found the following, (Blocked: 0 of 1) and the only site I've been to with it, is the one I posted. Yep, I'm confused again.:confused: Maybe I don't need to know this stuff.:)

The site does a couple of things. Members of WOT are free to rate issues about a website.............. that's why that warning came up.
That of course doesn't mean a website is corrupt................. I suppose I could rate it as negative in all categories because I was pissed off over some trivial issue and my rating might show up and give the website a bad rating........................................ I honestly don't know how many bad ratings it takes to make WOT toss out a warning flag.

WOT also allows you to stop information collecting agencies from targeting you and telling other collection agencies what you view.
........... that's the "Blocked 0 of 1" that you mentioned............ that was a possible tracker, and you can chose to block that website from keeping tabs on you.

Click and open the Ghosty fella, then click on the 'suspect' and look to see what that particular agency advertises as it's product.
Most often, it's a website that collects information on pages that you view, and "monetizes" using that info. You can block them with a simple click of your mouse.

Facebook Connect and Google Analytics are the two trackers listed on that website you showed.
........... two simple clicks and you can delete both trackers from any web searches that you make in the future.
.............. not only on that particular website............. any website you visit.
Some websites have as many as 10, 12, 15 or more tracking agencies collecting data on you and your behavior every time you visit them.
Many may be harmless, but with WOT/Ghostery, you have knowledge and a choice to stop those tracking agencies from following your every click.

Have you ever noticed that when you search for camera's, that all of the sudden many websites that you visit afterwords have advertising cameras???
..... it ain't an accident.
They know who you are and they know where you live! ;)

Last edited:
Here's a typical website tracker that can be blocked................ it was just one of 14 trackers (typical) found on MSN, FOX or most any news website.

With WOT, you can read the website's description
of it's services, then decide whether to block them.
.............I block 98% of them.

Darols question WOT.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back