Phoenix rain

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just north of me Daris but we are getting the same thing here. People out here don't know how to drive in the rain. lol

Nick I think it is that way wherever you go. Its fun to watch southerners drive in the snow. They don't have a clue.

Daris
It's not fun to watch Californians drive on Oregon's highway 101, or smaller highways that lead from the coast over to the I-5 freeway. If the section of road is straight as a chalk line they drive 70, if the road gets the slightest of curves in it, on come the brakes and they slow down to 50. Most, not all of them are better off on the freeway. :D
I'm of course not talking about all Californians............... just the ones that drive that way. ;)

Last edited:
I was out in the boonies, Santa Rita Ranch doing a bid and the radar said "huge storm coming" and all the little creeks I crossed were running good already. I did the quick quote and took off. Creeks were twice as full but he gots a big azz 4x4 so no worries here. The grass in the desert down there is a foot tall. Gonna be some fat cows.

It's not fun to watch Californians drive on Oregon's highway 101, or smaller highways that lead from the coast over to the I-5 freeway. If the section of road is straight as a chalk line they drive 70, if the road gets the slightest of curves in it, on come the brakes and they slow down to 50. Most, not all of them are better off on the freeway. :D
I'm of course not talking about all Californians............... just the ones that drive that way. ;)

What I have found for the most part is that those folks are from the cities and regardless of what state they're from, you get the same behavior. ( Not all of course.;)) What pisses me off is when a passing lane comes up and they THEN take off like a raped ape, only to slow down again at the curves.:mad:

We see the same thing here. I lived in KC for many years, so doing 80 mph bumper to bumper is not unusual to me. When I see someone doing 60, you know they are from a small town somewhere.
The standard joke around here, is someone who can't drive is from Kansas. The state line is 20 miles from here.
Missouri safety inspects vehicles, Kansas doesn't. Missouri has a strict driver's test, and I had a cousin who was legally blind who passed a driver's test in Kansas.

When I see someone doing 60, you know they are from a small town somewhere.

I resemble that remark. When I go down to the SF bay area, it takes about two days to acclimate myself to the rat race type of drivers. :eek: Scares the sheet out of me the first couple days and always glad to be gone. Goes both ways don't it?

I resemble that remark. When I go down to the SF bay area, it takes about two days to acclimate myself to the rat race type of drivers. :eek: Scares the sheet out of me the first couple days and always glad to be gone. Goes both ways don't it?

I certainly don't miss driving in that mess. I drove all over the city for over 20 years.

But when winter comes around and the snow fly's and the roads get slippery, them city slickers are always the ones you see in the ditch beside the road wondering what the hell happened. I always keep a chain in the truck to pull them out. It's generally worth a six pack.:D

All that said, the snowbirds coming down from the Noreast and Norwest cause most all the accidents in town during the winter.

Latest posts

Back