Photography 2

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sunset.jpg

I had no idea you could even print with 10w-40! :D:D:D

There's always something new it seems like.

It's interesting to see the huge push to move from DSLR's to mirrorless cameras. I have both. In all honesty though, it still comes down to the exposure triangle and really the quality of the lens, more so than the camera body. Guys are dumping their old gear and spending thousands and still taking the same quality of pictures at the end of the day.

A lot of the new technology really just allows someone with less skill to have a better chance at getting a "keeper" which is great, but really not necessary if you take the time to learn.

The other huge push is towards hybrids that take decent still photos but do video as well. With Nikon purchasing Red, I think they're about to up their video on their models significantly which is one area they are losing market share to Sony and Fuji right now. I'm not really a huge video guy, so I'm more interested in better still photography and that's mostly driven by the glass you're using, more so than the camera.

I read an article recently that said you should spend about 2/3 of your budget on glass and the remainder on the camera body for the biggest impact on the quality of your images. I really think that's a solid piece of advice.

Both Tamron and Sigma are now producing really good quality 3rd party lenses which is helping drive the camera manufacturers to reduce their strangle hold on pricing for decent lenses.

I'm starting to focus in a little on Nikon and OM (formerly Olympus) as my "go to" systems. I've got Nikon, OM, Olympus, Panasonic, and Canon. Everyone always raves about Canon's color depth, but I can't really see a significant difference. I really don't like only having one adjustment dial that Canon seems to stick with. I like having two adjustment dials to make quick adjustments on the fly. Holding a button down and turning a dial while trying to look through a viewfinder just isn't the easiest thing to do when you're trying to keep a moving target in focus and in frame.
10/40 full synthetic! Don't cheat you customers! 😁

This is a "lifer" (first time seeing one) for me...
Juvenile Double-crested Cormorant

View attachment 19084
If there was open season on them, hunters would be...... flocking 😉 to the opening day starter. They dive in and eat a lot of small fish before they make it out of the bay into the ocean. You see them sometimes by the hundreds on the large electrical transmission towers above the bay.
I've never seen one close like that, nor that color. They look black from a distance. If that's the same, I suppose juveniles get darker as they get older. Very nice.

Latest posts

Back