Projects for the New Year

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyK

Anyone doing anything they want to share with us?

I'm in a rental house but am making some general repairs and am going to attempt to do some restoration on the deck so it's more usable.

Finished my daughters basement last summer[2 year project]. I'm in the process of insulating the attic now. It only had about 1 1/2" of insulation in it. Thats all they need back in 1957 when the house was built. So hopefully that will lower her heating and a/c bills. Then it is on to remodeling her kitchen[maybe].
I'm retired but am to busy to get this stuff done. People still want me to install.:D

Daris

Finished my daughters basement last summer[2 year project]. I'm in the process of insulating the attic now. It only had about 1 1/2" of insulation in it. Thats all they need back in 1957 when the house was built. So hopefully that will lower her heating and a/c bills. Then it is on to remodeling her kitchen[maybe].
I'm retired but am to busy to get this stuff done. People still want me to install.:D

Daris

Most retired guys I know work more than ever, it's just for free.

Still doing a few carpet jobs. A lot of stuff on the house. And have the motor partially torn down on the 1 ton. Probably sell it and the pickup this spring.

Not with this old man it isn't!!!!! Except for my daughter of coarse. I even charged my mother for carpet work. If its something I made my living at you get charged. Otherwise not.

Daris

That's smart.

I cook for free. Used to get paid to do that.

I think it would make people not want to come over for dinner.

Got lots of projects just need the money to do them with. Need a new porch or two, need to tile the bathrooms and do new counter tops everywhere in the house!!

But I really need to get my new website up and running. www.floorsavior.com :cool:

Maybe I should just throw up my phone number on there until I get all the text and pics figured out. Anyone wanna help or has ideas just chime in.

Last edited:
I would do just that. Adding your contact info and location can at least get people started.

Latest posts

Back