runner installed with 1” trim staples

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

MSLI

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Pro
O- boy ! We have a situation! Yesterday’s job ( 12 steps runner style ) was more difficult than it could have been. The tenant installed a poor quality runner, molded style, using 1” trim staples. Some of the face fibers where embedded into the wood…… let’s hear your stories.

Attachments

• A13AED9E-B6C1-48AB-9701-382E0FE08692.jpeg
    A13AED9E-B6C1-48AB-9701-382E0FE08692.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 62BF7230-8FAF-4A3D-89FD-8AF9BE79BDFC.jpeg
    62BF7230-8FAF-4A3D-89FD-8AF9BE79BDFC.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

Tile Tom

Professional
Pro
Been there. Someone used their underlayment gun to install carpet around here and I run into their handy work time to time.
I usually use my multi tool to get them out. Takes time but definitely easier than trying to pull that shit out. I just get under the carpet where I can and start cutting staples.

C.J.

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Pro
There is an air powered duo fast stapler that shoots the 9/16 staples just like the electric duo fast. I thought about getting one because I figured it would drive the staples better than the electric one run through an extension cord and plugged into a crappy socket.

How about air nailers for tack strip on concrete. Do they make em? Do they work? I always fantasized about them when I was pounding strip and hating life. After all these years I understand why the mobile home guys used a 1/4” staple on tack strip. Cus they had a check to cash.

Tile Tom

Professional
Pro
A friend of mine uses a cordless DeWalt concrete spike gun for his tackless over concrete and he loves it. I very rarely take carpet jobs anymore so never had to bug him to borrow it.....

Hope I never will either!!
Effff carpet

Latest posts