Soundproofing under hardwood

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben

I'm currently working on a project. The customer wants soundproofing under the hardwood floor. He doesn't want to lose too much space as the ceiling is less than 8 ft as is. I was considering QT 5 mm. Does anyone know how effective that is? Or any other suggestions?

Do you guys nail through it or sandwich it under new underlayment? That sound stuff always confuses me cus out here it's almost all concrete.

ben said:
anyone know how effective that is? Or any other suggestions?

Rubber is one of the best sound proofing products available. But is it overkill?

Never nail with soundproofing. That would basically defeat the impact absorption

If yer fastening through the soundproofing your defeating the purpose of the sound proofing. It is all a joke unless it is sandwiched between underlayments.

Of course I'm doing double glue down! I just wish it would be possible to know the approx results before I start working

I always knew that with glue down you must use engineered wood. Solid wood has to be nailed down. Is this true?

you can glue down solid---them arizona boys do it all the time---engineered can be stapled down--some can be floated---tomorrow there will be something new

Rubber is one of the best sound proofing products available.Isn't qt designed for a double glue install?

Latest posts

Back