Testing 1 2 3

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
Funny how most all the bamboo split, but not hardwood.

IMG_20130816_161544_315.jpg

IMG_20130816_155325_283.jpg

IMG_20130816_155737_111.jpg

IMG_20130816_155701_390.jpg

Looks like another good class from the Guild.

Yup, as expected and actually better than expected.

Maven, you need to realize first of all. Its.got to be broken before you can fix it. And besides, this was more about structure and stress than about fixing it. Also, not many of these people even want to yet most of them could.

Pick up any info that you'll be able to turn into greenbacks?
Yup. But lots of the information one gathers that can be woven into your money stream is stuff you pick up after the seminar talking to your colleagues. You know. It was nice seeing quite a few of the colleagues I communicate with on various internet venues. Lots of very smart people there. I enjoy hanging with people smarter than myself.

That is so cool. I think classes and training are a great way to take a step back from installing for a few days and really get into the craft. Nobody around here seems to care enough to better themselves but I love it. I just wish there were more opportunities closer to home. Im not one for travel, lol. Powernail used to host a class in north jersey but then they just passed it off to the NWFA. I think that would have been interesting especially since it was in there facility.

The 20 years I lived in Kansas City, there were three classes available. I attended two of them. As far as I know, there have never been anything like that in my area.
I went to carpet market every year in KC to see the new products and tools. They quit having one there long ago. Most small markets are like mine, the installers are on their own to find out how to install new products. It's a shame the mills and tool reps don't offer any instructions on new products or tools. You would think that it would help them make money.
When the IVC vinyls came out, I had to find installation instructions on line and go to forums to find tips.
The same with the Kool Glide. Roland very generously gave me a used one that he had. It is a very good tool for some applications, but I had to go on line for usage instructions, and to this day, the seam tape is not sold in this area. I either must order it on line or make a 200 mile round trip to buy it.
The closest big city, Joplin(around 100,000 in the metro area) is 60 miles but does not have a carpet supply store.

That is so cool. I think classes and training are a great way to take a step back from installing for a few days and really get into the craft. Nobody around here seems to care enough to better themselves but I love it. I just wish there were more opportunities closer to home. Im not one for travel, lol. Powernail used to host a class in north jersey but then they just passed it off to the NWFA. I think that would have been interesting especially since it was in there facility.

When i went to the NWFA class years ago every vender on the planet was there hustling their product.

OK here is another shot of then first bamboo. Who can tell me what the top veneer is; vertical, horizontal or?
Note where the piece split. What's that called term wise?

IMG_20130816_161559_309.jpg

Is that upside down? The bottom is vertical but the top looks like "end grain" stranded bamboo if there was such a thing, lol. I've never seen a wear layer like that.

Yup right side up alright. Why'd it fracture and where? All the bamboo was fractured, sure its hard, not as hard as people say it is.

Can't see any fractures on my phone but bamboos strength is along its length not where it is bonded. I would imagine it would fracture along the top and bottom seeing as once those materials are set on their side they can easily be broken with minimal effort.

Certainly would not want to make a bridge or diving board outa that stuff. :D And a 2 ply product? What is they thinking? Total bond line failure.

Got some pics of shear round here somewhere.

Last edited:
Looks like a horizontal bamboo wear layer atop a vertical bamboo core. Did it fracture at 1495 psi?

Latest posts

Back