The Answer

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeAntonetti

What is it? Depends. What do you want to hear? Do you agree? Does it help? Does it resolve your issue? Have you asked your question adequately? Do you feel the answerer is competent to give you the proper reply? Are they equipped with Fact or Opinion. What is Their motive? Are they Guiding you for their own purpose? Are they profiting from you? So many questions, how do you filter them out to determine if it is correct?

I know what the answer to this is😝. The question is just as important as the answer and this question is how desperate are you. I have another question. What do you think this job will look like when it’s done.

86D1C660-9C13-415E-8ECD-D943388464C3.png

Hmmmm.... let me see, we got

300 for the carpet
250 for the floating
2500 for ceramic removal AND
11 475 for the installation

14,525, and that isnt even the I dont like you price.

So yeah, I suppose I can squeak you in for 4K seeing as they bought all the supplies.

What is it? Depends. What do you want to hear? Do you agree? Does it help? Does it resolve your issue? Have you asked your question adequately? Do you feel the answerer is competent to give you the proper reply? Are they equipped with Fact or Opinion. What is Their motive? Are they Guiding you for their own purpose? Are they profiting from you? So many questions, how do you filter them out to determine if it is correct?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/joshua...f-medicine-to-the-mainstream/?sh=7c72c5696390

So drugs are the answer? All the billboards I see said Jesus was the answer.
Its really an either or, pick your poison. I don't think it was any better but my life was sure a lot more fun with mushrooms, lsd and mdma by my side. Stupid sobriety.... its so mundane.

Its really an either or, pick your poison. I don't think it was any better but my life was sure a lot more fun with mushrooms, lsd and mdma by my side. Stupid sobriety.... its so mundane.

Boring is a good word to describe sobriety after years of using. The up side is I get a lot more shit done. I’ll still enjoy a beer or two with a good meal but no more bong hits or getting drunk for me. I just don’t like feeling like crap anymore.

DuuuuuuuDe... i took a massive bong hit friday night, first time in probably 10 years, still don't know how it seemed like a good idea but at the time it was.
I then proceeded to spend the next 5 hours under a tree, couldn't move and I am under the impression that I was enjoying myself immensely. On the other hand, I do not think I am in a great big hurry to do it again, maybe another decade or so lol

That was my thing too drinking in my 20’s.

for smoking pot some people are just too dumb to smoke pot. It didn’t motivate me as a teen, cocaine, grad night Disney and that’s it. The hallucinogens kinda scare me, acid uh hell no.

demo’d bathroom tile floor, people are anal, mold behind the removed vanity. A moisture retarder was behind the drywall they removed, it had foil (radiant barrier)paper on block side. They wanted to remove that and put visqueen there. I said no, things need to breathe, moisture needs to move and not be trapped. He had read on internet to put visqueen in. (This is what I mean about answer) or wrong answer rpoc (boot camp term)

People really do ask for the stupidest things sometimes Mike, hell while you are at it, maybe after they paint all the drywall, you could just encapsulate the whole house in clear poly. Waterproof for ever.

That was my thing too drinking in my 20’s.

for smoking pot some people are just too dumb to smoke pot. It didn’t motivate me as a teen, cocaine, grad night Disney and that’s it. The hallucinogens kinda scare me, acid uh hell no.

demo’d bathroom tile floor, people are anal, mold behind the removed vanity. A moisture retarder was behind the drywall they removed, it had foil (radiant barrier)paper on block side. They wanted to remove that and put visqueen there. I said no, things need to breathe, moisture needs to move and not be trapped. He had read on internet to put visqueen in. (This is what I mean about answer) or wrong answer rpoc (boot camp term)
If you read it on the Internet it's true. 😁

If you just turn on the TV and flip it over to Gilligan's Island your stress level goes way down and you forget about all the questions.
Green Acres does that too.
CHIPS, not so much. 😁
I've always tried to avoid questions. That was my worst class in high school.
Machine shop was the answer.

For this Virus I was watching a news briefing asking Wollensky and Fauci all sorts of questions. My question would be “ Why do I need to ask a question” Every possible question should be listed on CDC website.

As someone who gets asked a lot of questions daily I think you've posed a very esoteric question. I often wonder why some people ask me questions that I feel they already know the answer to. Is it to reassure themselves they are correct? Is it to pull me into their insanity so that when things go off the rails they have someone else to blame besides themselves? Is it that they see me as a trusted resource and want my validation for their solution?

I'm also always amazed at the questions they fail to ask. They get so focused on one aspect or another of a particular situation that they fail to see far greater issues than what they are asking about. As an example....I had a call from a project manager this morning looking for a "universal adhesive" that he could glue an "wood" floor down with. Without having enough information to give a proper answer I start to ask qualifying questions. What type of wood? - 9/16" Engineered. What's the substrate? (this is where it gets interesting) Well half is over wood substrate and we're going to staple that but the other half is over half is over concrete so we need to glue that.

Ummmm......see what I mean?

Now, I knew the person I was talking to so I patiently explained why they couldn't do this without honoring the transition between the two subfloors only to get the bum rush and a quick thanks. I know 100% that as soon as he got off the phone with me, he was going to call our competitor across town and see what adhesive they had that would allow him to do things the way he thought he could do them. This was not a new guy, this guys been in his position for at least 5 years and should know better. So, was he trying to hook me into his inevitable failure? Did he really want an answer to the question?

I've been accused of being naïve about people's ulterior motives more than once. I try to listen to people's question and help them resolve their problems pretty straight forward. After 25+ years of answering questions though I've come to understand that there are just some people that make it hard to even want to put forth the effort because no matter the answer they aren't going to listen.

Latest posts

Back