Thought of the day .

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shit, in my town everybody knows everybody. If they don't then they'll have a friend in common.
The secret is to not put your business out there. Because the whole town will know you have the clap.... 😂

I literally know just about everyone's dirty laundry. I'm a transplant so nobody knows anything I haven't personally gave up. My skeletons are still well hidden.
Do your customers tell you everything? Through the years I got told a lot of secrets. Most are still secret. I even know who committed an unsolved murder. The guy who did it was dead by the time I found out, so I have never said anything.

You have skeletons? Come on man! Spill your guts!
Dude, there's not enough space on this site to air out my dirty laundry. Lucky that was many
many moons ago.
Today I'm just a regular working Joe/family man trying to get my nut. I much prefer this me than the one I was 25 years ago!

Do your customers tell you everything? Through the years I got told a lot of secrets. Most are still secret. I even know who committed an unsolved murder. The guy who did it was dead by the time I found out, so I have never said anything.

Abso-freakin-lutely. I swear some people don't get the concept of loose lips sink ships. Their out there just rambling on about everyone else's business. I get the gossip from just about anyone around here. I know who the cheaters are, the closet junkies, the whores.... You name it.
But I don't go around blabbing anything I heard because..... It's not my damn business! Maybe that's why they confide in me?

Dude, there's not enough space on this site to air out my dirty laundry. Lucky that was many
many moons ago.
Today I'm just a regular working Joe/family man trying to get my nut. I much prefer this me than the one I was 25 years ago!

Abso-freakin-lutely. I swear some people don't get the concept of loose lips sink ships. Their out there just rambling on about everyone else's business. I get the gossip from just about anyone around here. I know who the cheaters are, the closet junkies, the whores.... You name it.
But I don't go around blabbing anything I heard because..... It's not my damn business! Maybe that's why they confide in me?
Had a cop tell me about a botched investigation.

many moons ago.

....but you can tell us. Really, we won't say anything.

I'm a serial killer.........

Any time I see fruity pebbles.... I kill them!!!!! 😲😲😳

You’re not a pro until you can figure out what’s wrong with this picture😏

A7FC6078-40CB-4025-9636-5B01D48A7A35.jpeg

This is remarkable. HAS to be laminate molding. Cant be real wood??? Why would there be so much overstock/discontinued/2nd quality..........rejects? Got me thinking. I'm about 7-8 miles. If I had some business over there I'd swing by just to get a looksee. If it were real wood I'd want to try to make some money trying to make something of the wood or even just reselling. But I don't have room in my garage for that much.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/zip/7547248990.html

This is remarkable. HAS to be laminate molding. Cant be real wood??? Why would there be so much overstock/discontinued/2nd quality..........rejects? Got me thinking. I'm about 7-8 miles. If I had some business over there I'd swing by just to get a looksee. If it were real wood I'd want to try to make some money trying to make something of the wood or even just reselling. But I don't have room in my garage for that much.

Those are absolutely wood transitions. Shit, some go for over $100 a piece!

My woman would murder me if I brought them home.

There were a few vendors that would have random oddball leftover transitions n such in barrels in their warehouse and they were $2 a piece. Never did end up buying anything because they were either the wrong color, wrong profile or some other reason that they just didn’t work out but I always stopped and looked anyway.

I bet there's a ton of real wood ones. Shops buy em for jobs, customers end up not liking them and into the rack they go to be stored forever. They're probably already paid for. Local shop has a large rack of them, setting for years and once in a while you find a use for one. $5 to $20

We literally have a whole wall of them at the shop. 9/10 we just order new ones to go with whatever job is going on.

It's cheaper than digging and hoping we can find what we need. Once a year I call up habitat and they come pick up the odd boxes of material and whatever else is in our way.

I bet there's a ton of real wood ones. Shops buy em for jobs, customers end up not liking them and into the rack they go to be stored forever. They're probably already paid for. Local shop has a large rack of them, setting for years and once in a while you find a use for one. $5 to $20
I'm looking as best I could at the photo. One certainly looks like a solid wood stair nosing. Others look more like those bogus plastic ones. Our "City of Industry" was created to evade all the taxes and regulation the other cities in Los Angeles County impose. There's not so much manufacturing, it's primarily distribution centers.......warehousing, assembly and such.

I mention this because I just can't picture in my mind the operation that would wind up with THIS quantity of overstock and then it's being given away for FREE.

The only thing that occurs to me is some sort of rejected product that CANT be sold and maybe even difficult to dispose of for whatever reason.

I think of all the places where we put the cheap, garbage nosings and reducers because the decent ones were too expensive and not readily available. When I could I'd try to force the issue to get something of decent quality. More often than not that would have required weeks advance order. So I'd just slap on the cheap garbage moldings, run away and hide my head in shame.

Latest posts

Back