Thought of the day .

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iā€™m 6ā€™ 6ā€ 280lbs. Itā€™s a challenge sometimes in tight spots but it can be done. Most of the time Iā€™ll have to ditch my pro knees and put on my old leathers to get in there better. Itā€™s doable though.

My thought of the day is, why doesnā€™t anyone come to this site?

One maybe two a week tops. There has to be a reason? On TFP there was sometimes a dozen new questions from people all over the world daily. Why is this one so crappy?

Donā€™t get me wrong, I like everyone here. But the site sucks. šŸ˜‚

One maybe two a week tops. There has to be a reason? On TFP there was sometimes a dozen new questions from people all over the world daily. Why is this one so crappy?

There are technical gimmicks to get the site higher up on Google Search results the TFP creator used to try to explain why he wanted titles/posts/threads structured a certain way. More eyeballs and more clicks is what that's all about and he seemed to understand the racket.

People would get pissed when he'd edit their posts/titles, move their posts from one forum to another or delete stuff but I'm sure it was all about getting more eyeballs.

There are technical gimmicks to get the site higher up on Google Search results the TFP creator used to try to explain why he wanted titles/posts/threads structured a certain way. More eyeballs and more clicks is what that's all about and he seemed to understand the racket.

People would get pissed when he'd edit their posts/titles, move their posts from one forum to another or delete stuff but I'm sure it was all about getting more eyeballs.
I got tired of Jim begging for money. Back in the early days that was a daily thing with him.

It is a bit frustrating, you think of the tens or hundreds of thousands of flooring installers around the world and there's hardly any activity and also there's hardly any flooring websites. One would think that professionals and new installers should be flocking to flooring websites. I have a hard time believing everybody knows everything. I sure don't and I've only been doing this since 1975.

Iā€™m just saying, it used to be fun helping people figure out an issue & also rewarding to help people out of a jam.

Just seems like I only pop on here to see what CJ made for lunch/dinner. And also hear about incognito doing retirement stuff. Like shooing away neighbor kids that touch his lawnā€¦ā€¦ šŸ˜‚

Anyone know of any other sites that actually have traffic? Anyone involved in any?

Iā€™m just saying, it used to be fun helping people figure out an issue & also rewarding to help people out of a jam.

Just seems like I only pop on here to see what CJ made for lunch/dinner. And also hear about incognito doing retirement stuff. Like shooing away neighbor kids that touch his lawnā€¦ā€¦ šŸ˜‚

Anyone know of any other sites that actually have traffic? Anyone involved in any?
There was one in the UK, but they do things differently and have different names for the tools. Back when I belonged to it, they kicked all carpet. They put gold flat metal in ALL doorways. A stair tool is called a bolster.

IMG_0589.jpeg

This would have saved a lot of traffic jams on the freewayā€¦šŸ¤£

Last edited:
War Stories. I'm looking through some old photos. Found an overhead shot of a job I did in the 80's. We did two buildings and now there are 5 at the site. Notice in the photo bottom left there's a stream. Well, that close by building had a basment that surely went down as deep as that water level. I was sent over to check the VCT in the basment a month or so after install but well before the buildings were turned over. It was CRAZY. All the VCT was curled up to like an inch off the floor and there were puddles of water. As crazy as that was even wilder to my eyes was all the drywall tape and mud had turned green and blistered through the paint which peeled away so you could see the bare drywall next to the tape/mud. Every drywall screw patch was visible through the paint and stained with the mold.

Funny thing, they asked me to look at it but I don't recall the remediation or anything else. Obviously someone had to do something dramatic to the walls which I assume was furred out metal studs shot into the concrete walls of the basement. Who would build a basment 25-50 from a small creek and not control for moisture? Well, I do know it was IMB that owned the buildings. I'm not sure who they leased it to or what became of it.

Attachments

• Crown+2.jpg
    Crown+2.jpg
    799.7 KB · Views: 0
Back in '93, just before we had floods, I put carpet in the office area of a salebarn. A couple weeks later it had a couple feet of water in there. They wanted me to warranty the job. Uh, no.

Back in '93, just before we had floods, I put carpet in the office area of a salebarn. A couple weeks later it had a couple feet of water in there. They wanted me to warranty the job. Uh, no.
You didn't use outdoor glue in a 100-year-old flood plane area?
What were you smoking back then Rusty?

Latest posts

Back