Thought of the day .

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My thought for the day.
Coffee is like Marvel Mystery Oil for the brain. It's an upper cranial cleaner and lubricant that works at startup and improves the flow of your thoughts and decisions.
Downside is the cost and frequency of use, buy hey, I want my brain to function at maximum efficiency... Average by most standards, but it's got a lot of miles and it's not getting any younger.

My thought for the day.
Coffee is like Marvel Mystery Oil for the brain. It's an upper cranial cleaner and lubricant that works at startup and improves the flow of your thoughts and decisions.
Downside is the cost and frequency of use, buy hey, I want my brain to function at maximum efficiency... Average by most standards, but it's got a lot of miles and it's not getting any younger.

Do you grind your own beans. I switched to grinding my own beans after a friend shamed me for drinking Folgers. He likes Dunkin’, I’m not so impressed with Dunkin’ but I do notice a difference when you grind your own beans.

How about French press coffee. Never tried it myself but I hear it has good juju cus it’s not filtered so it still has all the oils or whatever it is that makes it good for you.

I buy whatever brand, Yuban, Folgers or MJB, then mix in a tiny bit of fresh beans that I grind up.
Probably 15% to 25% fresh ground to Folgers ratio. Mix up enough for a couple days at a time and put it in a smaller coffee container.
I just randomly mix a cocktail of different dark beans into a bag at the store. It just keeps my coffee from being boringly consistent.

I buy whatever brand, Yuban, Folgers or MJB, then mix in a tiny bit of fresh beans that I grind up.
Probably 15% to 25% fresh ground to Folgers ratio. Mix up enough for a couple days at a time and put it in a smaller coffee container.
I just randomly mix a cocktail of different dark beans into a bag at the store. It just keeps my coffee from being boringly consistent.

That’s one way to keep it interesting. My brother knows a gal that roasts beans as a hobby? Job? Maybe it’s a Jobby? She infuses aloe with them. Smooth tasting coffee. It wasn’t bad at all but it was missing the bitterness. I kinda need some bitter nasty with my coffee so I would get some really dark burnt tasting beans and mix them with the foofy beans and the two cancelled each other out to make regular ol coffee.

25D50755-8535-4BDD-A805-541FA271FED7.jpeg

I occasionally add a tiny bit of hazelnut, french vanilla into my concoction. It takes a very small ratio of those beans to mess it up.
.......I'm thinking that's why they have a lot of bags. I could do the flavored separately...... just now thought that up. 😖

Wasn't his boss going to unify everyone too?
It would be interesting if someone was able to document the number of times per year the evening news channels used the word 'racist'.
Not this year, but the average # of times each year for the past 20 years. And not just a total per year of all combined, but itemize every media source. Then find out how many times each year, each on used the word. I'm betting since Obummer was elected, the frequency and blatant misuse/abuse of the word would look like Hanson's Hockey 🏒
Certainly not intended to unite anyone.

That’s one way to keep it interesting. My brother knows a gal that roasts beans as a hobby? Job? Maybe it’s a Jobby? She infuses aloe with them. Smooth tasting coffee. It wasn’t bad at all but it was missing the bitterness. I kinda need some bitter nasty with my coffee so I would get some really dark burnt tasting beans and mix them with the foofy beans and the two cancelled each other out to make regular ol coffee.

View attachment 14705
Aloe? How about Jergens or Suave?

Wasn't his boss going to unify everyone too?
It would be interesting if someone was able to document the number of times per year the evening news channels used the word 'racist'.
Not this year, but the average # of times each year for the past 20 years. And not just a total per year of all combined, but itemize every media source. Then find out how many times each year, each on used the word. I'm betting since Obummer was elected, the frequency and blatant misuse/abuse of the word would look like Hanson's Hockey 🏒
Certainly not intended to unite anyone.

I don’t know how anyone can get mad at the media. You know they lie, twist and skew things so how can you get mad at them when they lie, twist and skew things.

The word racist has lost its meaning. Anything is considered racist anymore. There is a coin op laundry in the shitty part of Phoenix we were driving through and I asked my wife if that was racist or statistics. She says it’s racist. I say statistics. Wouldn’t do you any good to put a coin op laundry in Scottsdale cus rich people don’t go to coin op laundromats. Same reason the Circle K down the street from me doesn’t sell beer and Taco Bell closes at 7. That’s right, Taco Bell down the street from me closes at 7. Must not be many midnight runs for the munchies round here… or is Taco Bell racist?

Things to ponder.

Taco Bell is probably racist, haters have so many fires to start they overlooked an easy target.
.................hell, target is probably racist somehow too.... Somehow.
Crazy thing is so many drink the Coolaid without even thinking.

How about Taco Time?
......Or was that a Jimmy Buffett song?

Ever been to a Taco John’s in North Dakota? There’s nothing Mexican about that place. Even the Mexican food is white so clearly the use of the name HAS to be racist. But hey, they have churros.

I don’t care anymore. TBH I never cared that much in the first place. Whatever happened to respecting other peoples right to have their own opinions even if they differ from yours. One moment in time I remember well was when a friend of mine was watching another friends kids while they went out. Somebody said something and the kid said ‘That’s racist’. My buddy replied ‘Yes but they have the right to be racist’. That’s a life lesson right there for ya. Anyway, I’m back to not caring.

Yes but they have the right to be racist’. That’s a life lesson right there for ya.
Remember, the other person also has the right to call it out when they see it......We, the USA, are currently stuck in a marriage gone bad, with the media reporting on the negative opposing differences only. Feed us negative and we become negative. Tune in less and tune up on respecting differences, yours, theirs, it’s all the same Right ! And when the opposition gets out of hand or control, the name calling and ridicule, all be it very tempting to do, will only fuel the fire of discourse. United we stand can only continue when we decide ‘ How we say something ‘ is more important then ‘ what we say ‘ 🤔 Respect the importance of Respect ✌️

That depends on what the differences are. When the liberals and the media are trying to push any sort of sexual education/indoctrination on first graders or kindergartners it's just plain wrong. These are not differences, they are wrong period.
Same thing goes with critical race theory making some people feel victimized and other people feel guilty because of the color of their skin. Once again this isn't a difference of opinion, they're wrong.
...yes, that's just my opinion 😁

Remember, the other person also has the right to call it out when they see it......We, the USA, are currently stuck in a marriage gone bad, with the media reporting on the negative opposing differences only. Feed us negative and we become negative. Tune in less and tune up on respecting differences, yours, theirs, it’s all the same Right ! And when the opposition gets out of hand or control, the name calling and ridicule, all be it very tempting to do, will only fuel the fire of discourse. United we stand can only continue when we decide ‘ How we say something ‘ is more important then ‘ what we say ‘ 🤔 Respect the importance of Respect ✌️

I know you’re right. i always appreciate your point of view. I just try to do me and let other people do them. I don’t watch or listen to the news much anymore and damn I’m so much happier. I did like checkin out a couple of the hottie news casters but then I wonder how much of a PITA they must be in real life and what do ya know I’m over it. Mike, you’re over by Philly. Kate Bilo is pretty hot😏. And just like that I’m over her too.

Latest posts

Back