Thought of the day .

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That depends on what the differences are. When the liberals and the media are trying to push any sort of sexual education/indoctrination on first graders or kindergartners it's just plain wrong. These are not differences, they are wrong period.
Same thing goes with critical race theory making some people feel victimized and other people feel guilty because of the color of their skin. Once again this isn't a difference of opinion, they're wrong.
...yes, that's just my opinion 😁
Indoctrination is overreaching and inflammatory and not helpful, even if it’s true. We must choose our words properly because two people are listening, the others and ourselves and we could become corrupted by them........As for opinions ! In my opinion 😉 they work much better when expressed leaving out the judgement, Unless your God or an actual judge, refrain from its use........Now for CRT, IMHO, educators need to educate about History, period. The Individual feelings towards the subject is secondary, because after all no one can ever predict how someone will feel. If we choose to stop educating on certain subjects based on how it could make someone feel, then we could become stagnant, but I like your passionate concern for others highup. In closing I would like to ask a question..... If we label something as Right or Wrong is it still an opinion ?

Someone smarter than me told me that feelings are neither right or wrong, they just are. We need to quit catering to peoples feelings and stick to the facts. Some of the facts about our country, and just life in general, aren’t pretty but they’re still facts. Changing facts because of possible hurt feelings doesn’t help anybody, does it?

Philly. Kate Bilo is pretty hot
And that’s a fact ! 😀 she also has a great voice. Oh and lets set the record straight, I’m not right, even if I express something with conviction and confidence, it’s just me sharing my inner most thoughts with my flooring friends, in the hope that I listen to myself and gain confidence to meet life’s challenges, your my test dummies 😜 respectfully speaking 😁

Indoctrination is overreaching and inflammatory and not helpful, even if it’s true. We must choose our words properly because two people are listening, the others and ourselves and we could become corrupted by them........As for opinions ! In my opinion 😉 they work much better when expressed leaving out the judgement, Unless your God or an actual judge, refrain from its use........Now for CRT, IMHO, educators need to educate about History, period. The Individual feelings towards the subject is secondary, because after all no one can ever predict how someone will feel. If we choose to stop educating on certain subjects based on how it could make someone feel, then we could become stagnant, but I like your passionate concern for others highup. In closing I would like to ask a question..... If we label something as Right or Wrong is it still an opinion ?
Teaching children about being gay and being bi and being no trans is simply not appropriate for young minds that need to be playing with pots and pans and chasing each other while playing games of hide and seek. At those early ages you're learning mental skills and sex has nothing to do with anything they need to know at that point in time. Parents should determine when to speak to children about those type of subjects because they are the only ones that know when the child is ready to receive it.
Is my opinion incorrect?
It would be interesting to ask 1,000 parents had a dozen different schools if they would allow the school system to talk about those subjects with their six seven or eight-year-old kids. I don't know the percentage but I believe it would be extremely small of parents that think it's okay.
It's my opinion that it's wrong to walk up behind someone and shoot them in the back. That is my opinion but it is also the correct one. Some things should just be obvious and not considered opinion.
When going through grade school how many of us knew our teachers husband's or wives names?
We don't know because they didn't talk about their sexual preferences nor personal lives. That's one of my memories from school. I think that teachers made an effort, not talk about their personal lives in detail with the students.
I don't think these particular viewpoints are political in any way shape or form.

I don't think these particular viewpoints are political
They become political when politicians or news media use them to demonize a particular party and the word indoctrination imho falls into that description. Yes ! Some of the teachers some of the time may stretch a view point that’s not appropriate, but it’s my opinion that most of the teachers most of the time will teach complicated issues appropriately. We as a society need to minimize the use of labels and start discussing each topic, dare I say organically 🥴 ( that’s Tucker’ expression ) otherwise we put our freedoms of expression into two boxes. One box is right and one box is wrong with no wiggle room for compromise. On a personal note, if my son liked playing jump rope rather than football and the teacher noticed this and started talking to him about his options, I would take this as a sign to engage in appropriate conversation with my son, with my son, I would focus on my son rather than spend countless hours trying to beat freedom of expression out of someone.
At those early ages you're learning mental skills and sex has nothing to do with anything they need to know at that point in time.
. As a child sex had everything to do about everything. Not the act, but all the nuances in between. Children know more than we want to believe or admit and teachers are going to need to address it.

They become political when politicians or news media use them to demonize a particular party and the word indoctrination imho falls into that description. Yes ! Some of the teachers some of the time may stretch a view point that’s not appropriate, but it’s my opinion that most of the teachers most of the time will teach complicated issues appropriately. We as a society need to minimize the use of labels and start discussing each topic, dare I say organically 🥴 ( that’s Tucker’ expression ) otherwise we put our freedoms of expression into two boxes. One box is right and one box is wrong with no wiggle room for compromise. On a personal note, if my son liked playing jump rope rather than football and the teacher noticed this and started talking to him about his options, I would take this as a sign to engage in appropriate conversation with my son, with my son, I would focus on my son rather than spend countless hours trying to beat freedom of expression out of someone.
. As a child sex had everything to do about everything. Not the act, but all the nuances in between. Children know more than we want to believe or admit and teachers are going to need to address it.
At a young age the teacher responds to the child with "you need to ask your mother"
The teacher has no idea what the parents have told the children at this point so the teacher has no idea what they're injecting into the little kids mind. Just let the parents do the sex stuff. At what age it needs to be discussed in school, that I do not know. In grade school I don't think there's a purpose in discussing it. Once again I never met any of my teachers wives or husbands. My teachers taught English and math, jump rope and push-ups. We did finger painting and paper mache. The last thing that any child in grade school needs that would benefit their life is any talk about sex by their teachers.

. At what age it needs to be discussed in school, that I do not know.
. Birds and bees education came in 5th grade for us.......I agree, generally speaking leave it to mom and dad, and keep your personal life personal, but imho most teachers, who find themselves in the middle of a situation with students may need to engage. Children can be ruthless with that phrase’ but why ‘ 🤔 but why ?

thanks joe.jpg

Do you grind your own beans. I switched to grinding my own beans after a friend shamed me for drinking Folgers. He likes Dunkin’, I’m not so impressed with Dunkin’ but I do notice a difference when you grind your own beans.

How about French press coffee. Never tried it myself but I hear it has good juju cus it’s not filtered so it still has all the oils or whatever it is that makes it good for you.

Tim Hortons for the W!

I have wanted to grind my own beans for a while. Nothing beats a good fresh cup of coffee.... NOTHING!

We have a French press and it's really good if it's a lazy Sunday or something. Also great for camping.
But along with grinding my own beans, I don't have time for all that. My wife makes my thermos every morning for me to take to work. And on the weekends we do the k cups (Tim Hortons). Their great but expensive! That's why they only come out on the weekends.

Tim Hortons for the W!

I have wanted to grind my own beans for a while. Nothing beats a good fresh cup of coffee.... NOTHING!

We have a French press and it's really good if it's a lazy Sunday or something. Also great for camping.
But along with grinding my own beans, I don't have time for all that. My wife makes my thermos every morning for me to take to work. And on the weekends we do the k cups (Tim Hortons). Their great but expensive! That's why they only come out on the weekends.
I have one of those Bullet Grinders.
Not made specifically for coffee beans..... but the again, I don't heat the water to exactly 92C as per OCD coffee drinkers specifications. For OCD, you need a coffee grinder. The perfect grinder. It grinds the beans to perfection without making coffee dust. Coffee dust BAD! 😁
..... it's coffee. 😁
It takes about a minute to open the bean bag, pour beans in the grinder, grind the beans and be done with it.
I just dump about 20 % ground beans and 80% coffee of choice into a separate container and shake it up. Enough for 2 or 3 days at 6 cups per day. Not much effort.

Tried everything from $30 Cuisinart to some $180 burr mill. Finally just gave up on grinding my own. Cheaper, cleaner, and easier to buy ground. We do a pot a day except Fridays I get Dutch bros for me and my daughters and Saturdays the wife and I do Starbucks. Kinda ridiculous what I spend on coffee per month but it's cheaper than going out to dinner consistently.

Never had any sex ed in school in the 50s
I graduated high school in 1978. I don't recall any Sex Ed class. If you took Biology in high school you should have got the basics------not focused on HUMAN reproduction but certainly there was sexual reproduction taught. I think those were electives..........like Algebra, Geometry and foreign language courses they were not required for a diploma.

I graduated high school in 1978. I don't recall any Sex Ed class. If you took Biology in high school you should have got the basics------not focused on HUMAN reproduction but certainly there was sexual reproduction taught. I think those were electives..........like Algebra, Geometry and foreign language courses they were not required for a diploma.
No biology in high school, except in the back seat of my car.

Latest posts

Back