Torn tendon

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
A few years ago, I tore a tendon just below my left knee on the inside. Never could afford surgery. Now I need some kind of wrap or brace to hold it tight. Any suggestions?

A few years ago, I tore a tendon just below my left knee on the inside. Never could afford surgery. Now I need some kind of wrap or brace to hold it tight. Any suggestions?

Sounds like the same place my wife tore her mcl. Physical therapy or surgery. But she had a MRI to see the damage and if it needed surgery. Three months later and a few weeks of physical therapy and she is doing workouts. But yer a teensy bit older than she is. :rolleyes:

Sounds like the same place my wife tore her mcl. Physical therapy or surgery. But she had a MRI to see the damage and if it needed surgery. Three months later and a few weeks of physical therapy and she is doing workouts. But yer a teensy bit older than she is. :rolleyes:

And you probably had insurance, I don't.

Not eligible. The cutoff in Missouri is $300 a month income. My soc sec is too much.

Well hell! Everyone's Social Security is too much then. Something is amiss there.:D

If it makes you feel better I have a torn ACL that was discovered when they did the surgery to fix the MCL

I am looking at a replacement knee by the time I am 65.

If you are on SS, how about medicare?

Medicare is so expensive by the time you have to buy all the parts, it's out of the question.

No it isn't.

I have medicare advantage plan that cost $40/month. Works just like regular insurance with deductibles etc...

But Part B would cost me $140 a month, then part D $40 a month and with Part B, you pay $220 plus 20%. Just can't afford it.

But Part B would cost me $140 a month, then part D $40 a month and with Part B, you pay $220 plus 20%. Just can't afford it.

I don't understand where you are getting the number from.

Medicare part b is deducted from your SS check and currently is less than $100/mth.

A medicare advantage plan wraps all of the other parts together and in most states is a small premium. Like I said, 40/mth here in NYS.

Already checked. I didn't sign up for B. It would cost me $140 a month if I enrolled. Part B doesn't kick in until you pay the first $220. Then you pay 20% of everything after that. Then the supplement is on top of that for prescriptions. B pays no prescriptions. The only thing you automatically get is A and it pays most of hospitalization.

Already checked. I didn't sign up for B. It would cost me $140 a month if I enrolled. Part B doesn't kick in until you pay the first $220. Then you pay 20% of everything after that. Then the supplement is on top of that for prescriptions. B pays no prescriptions. The only thing you automatically get is A and it pays most of hospitalization.

First, I don't understand why you wouldn't have part b.

second, like I have said, if you have a medicare advantage plan you don't need a supplement or part d as they are included.

By the way, 140+40 is cheep insurance.

You think you can't afford healthcare now, better beware who you vote for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back