Videos

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarisMulkin

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Pro
Is it me or are you having trouble of news videos loading up. For example say a 30 second video takes 3-4 minutes to load and watch the circle chase its tail. Then when it plays the video it will play 5 seconds and chase its tail some more. Most times I just click off without watching what I wanted to.

Daris

What are you watching it on Daris ?
I know a lot of people are complaining about U Tube slowing down .

A 30 sec video of adverage quailty takes about 5 megs .

The stopping and starting is The Buffering not keeping up with the video.

Oh Daris, here's a youtube video for ya for help with this matter. LOL Doesn't ram have a lot to do with that? Also, I just did a Adobe flash player update which helped a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as memory you are right E . It should be 1 1/2 the size of your virtual memory .

How to manually change the size of the virtual memory paging file
You must be logged on as an administrator or as a member of the administrator?s group to complete this procedure. If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may prevent you from completing this procedure.

To manually change the size of virtual memory, follow these steps:

Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl in the Open box, and then press ENTER.
Click the Advanced tab, and then under Performance click Settings.
Click the Advanced tab, and then under Virtual memory click Change.
Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file that you want to change.
Under Paging file size for selected drive, click Custom size, type a new paging file size in megabytes (MB) in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box, and then click Set.
Click OK to close the dialog box and apply changes.

Note After you change the size of the paging file, you may be prompted to restart Windows. If you are prompted to restart, the changes will not take effect until Windows is restarted.

I was just messin with Daris trying to get him to watch a video on how to fix your confuser's video. heh heh

Are they U tube videos Daris?

No, I don't think so. Most of the times they are news videos from MSN,CNN, and Fox. Might be a off color one in there once an awhile. I was wondering if maybe there had to be an update on the player or something. 3 computers and they are all the same. The next one I try to look at and it does it I'll post a link to it.

Daris

Started right up for me .

Also, on certain days. A site can get hammered by too many people accessing a site and that will effect the sites performance.
Just something to check on another day.

Flying out to Myrtle Beach tomorrow . Will check it when i get back .

I just tried watching it again. It took 15 min. to run 1 min 20 seconds of the video. My granddaughter was just on the desktop and it loaded right away. she says it is the laptop. Laptop is 3-4 years old windows 7. Toshiba Satellite.

Daris

Also, on certain days. A site can get hammered by too many people accessing a site and that will effect the sites performance.
Just something to check on another day.

Nick I was thinking about this
I check Cruise Critic regularly and sometimes the wheel just keeps on turning but if I look at it a little later the site loads straight away
Probably the Americans are in bed and I am just starting my day :)

Here is what I got. On my laptop. Google Chrome. Tried the test twice and it froze both times.
Ping-26 ms download went from 14-27 and then froze on 22. Never got to upload I wated about 15 minutes twice on the download.

Unbelievable!!! I just ran the test on my desktop. It took maybe all of 30 seconds.
Ping-21ms
Download- 64.70 mbps
Upload-4.36 mps.
that was on internet explorer.

Daris

Last edited:
Daris , What Add on's do you have on Google Chrome ?

Sorry for the delay , Had 150 e mails when i got home and just saw this .

Latest posts

Back