water resistant laminate flooring

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
Any brands come to mind? Laminated that have a decent level of water resistance. A potential customer has had issues with laminate floors in a rental. .............nice rental, not the kind you are thinking of. ;)
It's a house, not a rental complex. I think they bought a less expensive laminate on the first go 'round and want something better this time.
So far, I'm not totally sold on Core tek or similar solid vinyl products. I know that higher end laminates hold up a lot better that 15 or 20 years ago.
Are there any products out there that you guys might recommend? I don't see much laminate work so I' a bit out of the loop as far as recommending a product.......... recommending a product or the ones to shy away from.

Yes get them into a LVP like core-tec. Mannington, Armstrong now have one like it.
Not sold on that stuff yet. I got certified for Wilsonart waterproof laminate and never got my video or my certification because they took it off the market because it didn't end up working. That was back in the glue together days.
I've worked with Cortec twice and wasn't all that impressed by the soft locking joint material. Banding from being put on a pallet distorted the edges of an entire box. Looking for a wood look laminate that has decent resistance to normal cleaning. I know some have a wax applied to the edges and the center core material today is better than years ago. It's not going in a bathroom or kitchen. The customer said she cheaped out when she bought the material that's on the floor now. She's willing to spend more money on a better product............... Not the super high end stuff, just something decent this time.
I simply haven't installed enough different brands of laminate in recent years to tell the lady which are good and which ones to avoid.

Last edited:
The Envique line from Quick-Step is water restant up to 24 hours. I was going to use it but bad reviews online of terrible CS, and reports of it chipping, bubbling and peeling. Not sure what line did that but this one was rated the top laminate of the year twice. Pricey though at $3.50 a sf.

Seen some at Floor an Decor but it has a horrible lock n fold mechanism you have to pound the end joint down in. But if you have to take it apart it breaks off.

Latest posts

Back