weather

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
Wonderful forecast

Snow, mainly before 4am. Low around 9. Wind chill values as low as -4. Blustery, with a north wind 13 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Thursday Sunny and cold, with a high near 17. Wind chill values as low as -6. Northwest wind 8 to 11 mph.

Ya, it is winter you know. Where have you been? Its been kind of like that here since the middle of October.
Its almost the identical forecast for here also. Still haven't gotten out my blowsnower yet. I have shoveled most all of it. Its been light and fluffy.

Daris

The wind will blow it all over here. Guess we are lucky, this storm is supposed to be a blizzard when it reaches the east coast. It was 54 at noon here today.

Starting here tomorrow night into Friday. 3-6" Higher winds , and colder temps .

Suppose to be the coldest in 5 years .

Got lucky here and only got a dusting of snow this round. Rusty, you might check Sunday's high again. Been revised to 8°F for a high. Also they're being kinda vague about the dumping of snow we might get. Extended forecast mentions snow again on Wednesday and again the next Sunday. I haven't heard a peep out of these global warming people in over a month.

Got a call from my daughter a 4 am. They called her in to go run another store today and she need a babysitter. She had to drive 45 miles in this crap. And I had to go over there at 4.

Wow, and we set a record low here locally a couple weeks ago of 19 degrees. We also set a new record for lowest rainfall year. We were about 29 inches total this past year, and our average is about 66 inches. Oregon's snow skiing is virtually non existent because of lack of snow. Snow skiing is a big industry in the state. Yup, climate change. :rolleyes:

High 70F. Went hiking at Parker Canyon lake down on the border, 4.5 miles around the lake. Beautiful oak, pine, juniper wooded areas around the lake. Elevation is over 5,000ft. Last pic is looking south at the border in a wilderness area. Lots of drug smugglers and Mexican spotted jaguars out there. Going into the wilderness area next weekend. Lions, jaguars and bears....Oh My! :) And peoples think its only desert down here.

IMG_20140102_143613_490.jpg

IMG_20140102_143507_877.jpg

IMG_20140102_142329_985.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Ernesto.......... that last picture.
Were you scared to get out of the truck? :D
That's pretty country in my book. I like the panoramic one. You mentioned 70 degrees....... You didn't mean 70 up there at 5000 feet did you?

Thanks guys.
@high, yes it was 70F @ over 5,000ft. And the wifey and I were not in a truck. That was at around the 3 mile mark around the lake. However there was some residual snow left on the shady side of the lake from the last storm. C'mon down for the next hike. We might need your .44 cal cannon.

Thanks guys.
@high, yes it was 70F @ over 5,000ft. And the wifey and I were not in a truck. That was at around the 3 mile mark around the lake. However there was some residual snow left on the shady side of the lake from the last storm. C'mon down for the next hike. We might need your .44 cal cannon.

So what's the UFO on the top edge of the photo.......... Your Indiana Jones Hat?
Sold the 44 to pay for my insurance and bond renewal 4 years ago. :eek:
All I gots now is my 1973 22 cal Ruger Super Single Six to save me from the bad guys, bears and the reintroduced wolves.

Last edited:
About 6" of snow on the ground and still snowing. 30 mph winds. supposed to drop to -5 tonight with -30 wind chills. Coldest it's been here in over 30 years.

Latest posts

Back