What’s Cookin

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 17173View attachment 17174I made a banana split! Mmmm. Then yesterday I had some Mexican street corn for the first time ever. Not bad.
No Corn but I got the Banana Split covered!!

banana.jpg

I grew Shishito peppers this year, instead of the usual Italian wax, mostly because they taste soooo goood blistered and salted. Last night I picked some; had the weber kettle fired up, so I tossed the peppers into a rack and put a little char on them with fire, instead of cast iron over gas. Turned out good, had a good sized crowd over; most had never tried them, and they vanished fast.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230704-223425-417.jpg
    Screenshot_20230704-223425-417.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 0
I think it was $3.75 when that lady had her basement finished...:cool:

We get $9.75 for a banana boat now. Add 30% to that if you want it brought to your house via Doordash. Crazy I know but we also pay kids 15 bucks an hour to scoop um, so I guess it's all relative... :oops:

That’s a decent price. I’d pay $10 for that big ol loaded banana boat. Prolly cost me $15 anyway after I add a few more toppings to it.

I was outta bananas and pineapple but I had some magic shell so I threw that into the mix and had a non banana boat for dessert tonight. Mmmm.

I think it was $3.75 when that lady had her basement finished...:cool:

We get $9.75 for a banana boat now. Add 30% to that if you want it brought to your house via Doordash. Crazy I know but we also pay kids 15 bucks an hour to scoop um, so I guess it's all relative... :oops:
That's not so bad considering the times.
Two years ago Fred Meyers house brand breads were $1.75/$1.50 on sale. Now they are $2.99...... on sale! Marie Callender meals are almost $5, they used to be $2.75 and on occasion, 5 for $10
I'd much rather buy a hand made banana boat for $10, than pay $14 for a McDonald's drive through meal.

It’s been a few years since I’ve had it but I’m gettin ready to eat some Banquet Fried Chicken. Not sure if I’m gonna regret it tomorrow but I’m sure gonna enjoy it tonight.

IMG_3495.jpeg

When I refused her nice offer for dinner tonight, my customer.....
...and I hate calling these people customers...
She asked me when I came back on Monday if I'd stay for dinner then asked me if I like steelhead
Then she asked me if I liked asparagus or maybe have a cucumber salad.
Don't ask, yes I'm getting lunch too. She wouldn't have it any other way. 😁
Unless the shop calls me up to do some measures, I'm getting lunch and dinner every night next week. 😁

Latest posts

Back