What’s Cookin

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a great conversation with the old man tonight over dinner. Chef salad, fillet mignon (medium rare of course) and spumoni ice cream. Mmmm. I’m sippin on some Disaronno right now thinkin to myself this is some good livin and I’m not even half dead yet.

Had a great conversation with the old man tonight over dinner.
NICE 👍 reminds me when me and the old man ( Pop ) went to AC ( Atlantic City)
He was a diamond club member ( penny slots ) Free hotel, dinner, 2 drinks, usually Amstel or Manhattan, And good conversation. Enjoy him now and tell him all the corny things you would only think about , after he’s gone.

NICE 👍 reminds me when me and the old man ( Pop ) went to AC ( Atlantic City)
He was a diamond club member ( penny slots ) Free hotel, dinner, 2 drinks, usually Amstel or Manhattan, And good conversation. Enjoy him now and tell him all the corny things you would only think about , after he’s gone.
I went to Alantic City once to Trumps Taj Mahal. Won $500 on a slot and left, not bad for dropping $20.

I watched golfer John Daily telling about playing a new Baily slot machine. $5,000 per pull.
The guy asks him, "did you win anything"
He says "yeah, 2.8 million"
........then added, "but I put in $5.2 million" 🤣

How's this for a 10 cent bet? This was the same day they shut down because of Covid in Feb 2020. I think I had $17 when I went in.
My previous best was $246 on a 3 cent bet.
I liked the old machines where you can bet cheap.

Attachments

• IMG_20200202_144505615.jpg
    IMG_20200202_144505615.jpg
    842.9 KB · Views: 0
I watched golfer John Daily telling about playing a new Baily slot machine. $5,000 per pull.
The guy asks him, "did you win anything"
He says "yeah, 2.8 million"
........then added, "but I put in $5.2 million" 🤣
I'll never understand a mult-millionaire gambling. I like paying poker for pocket change and I always like to go the the race track and bet on the horses. If I win $100 I'm happier than a pig in slop. If I lose $50 (on one race) I'm bummed out for weeks. When I went to Vegas, just a couple times I'd alot a couple hundred to lose at the tables and that would be it. It always hurt me to lose but as the whole city is built upon I lived up to the expectations. No matter how much I win I sit there and gamble til I lose that back and my initial alottment. For some reason that doesn't happen at the race track and I still love to be out in air at Santa Anita or Del Mar.

I hit for 500.00 one time on the Buffalo 🦬 penny machine, but I’m still a looser…. Haven’t been in one for years.
I was up $500+ at the blackjack table once---enough to pay the hotel, gas, meals AND the show my wife went to with her sister. Yeah, that was a little while ago! Of course I walked away down $300. I never gambled to THAT degree again. I was riding high there for a minute. I blame the free booze.

I hit for 500.00 one time on the Buffalo 🦬 penny machine, but I’m still a looser…. Haven’t been in one for years.
I was taken to Trumps Taj Mahal once. We went in just to see 3 crystal chandleirs worth a mil each. Saw them and still had 20 minutes of the time alloted so I dropped a 20 in a Wheel of Fortune machine and on the third pull I hit for $500. They came and locked out the machine and went and got 5 crisp $100 bills. I said"thank you mister Trump" cashed out the remaining of what was left of the 20 and left.

Been eating a lot at the old folks home. Food is decent but definitely needs some salt, pepper or something else to bring it back to normal. They have seasoning shakers on the table full of Mrs. Dash. I think it’s darn near got everything in it but salt. That stuff is really growing on me, it’s like Frank’s red hot for old people cus I put that shit on everything. What’s your go to seasoning?

Been eating a lot at the old folks home. Food is decent but definitely needs some salt, pepper or something else to bring it back to normal. They have seasoning shakers on the table full of Mrs. Dash. I think it’s darn near got everything in it but salt. That stuff is really growing on me, it’s like Frank’s red hot for old people cus I put that shit on everything. What’s your go to seasoning?
Pepper...... catsup and mustard in that order 😁

CJ, my wife works at a vets home and she brings food home sometimes when there is something going on.

I got nothing but good things to say about the food, it’s actually really damn good so far. Correct portion sizes and it’s not overly seasoned in any one particular direction or another. A couple shakes of salt n pepper and some Mrs. Dash and you’re sittin pretty.

Tonight was a bowl of chicken tortillas soup followed up with Salisbury steak, smashed taters and green beans with some mushroom gravy. Pretty sure they were box taters but I’m not complaining, I was hungry and I cleaned my plate.

For dessert I had some spumoni ice cream and the chocolate ganache special.

Best part…. NO DISHES!!!

I had In N Out, first burger and fries ive had since starting my diet. I'm feeling pretty guilty currently, but after losing 40 pounds, I think I deserve it.
Congratulations on the 40 lbs. I lost 25 lbs shortly after I retired. I found about 15 of that back (holidays AND my wife all of a sudden like to cook!)

I had In N Out, first burger and fries ive had since starting my diet. I'm feeling pretty guilty currently, but after losing 40 pounds, I think I deserve it.

It’s a trap, a delicious trap. The first step in my weight loss was to quit going to any place that has a drive thru, except when the McRib is back. Shamrock shake gets an exception as well but other than that I gotta pass.

Believe me I look at every single donut shop and bakery that I pass and think about how delicious all that crap is. Burgers, tacos, damn I could go for some pizza and garlic knots. Might as well throw a couple beers into the mix and call it a night😳

Latest posts

Back