What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the rate we are going, it would not totally surprise me.

Since the world did not end on Sept. 23, the new ending date is scheduled for Oct. 15. Get some popcorn and grab a seat. Earth is supposed to collide with a planet that does not exist. Neat trick, but if anyone can do it, Earth can.:shooting:
It's gonna be clear out for the next few nights, so I'll keep my eyes open and give you guys a heads up in case I see sumpin'

Went to look at a small job for Saturday, then bought a couple more parts fo my $5 pressure washer. It's a 5.5HP 2000PSI, 2 GPM unit. I bought a hose a couple of weeks ago, then today bought a wand, some fittings and a spray tip. Not knowing which tip to purchase, I bought a white tip.... color coded as a "washing" tip. It's got a 40 degree spray pattern.
It seems to work OK, but not as powerful as I expected even for a small 2000 PSI washer.
I did some Googling and discovered you don't just grab "a" tip........ they have orifice sizes for specific power levels and flow rates. I bought a 40 degree (white) tip. It did OK, but nothing special. I then discovered that I bought a 4.5 tip....... that's the orifice diameter. Looking online, I discovered I need a 2.5 tip for my pressure and flow rate. It's a lot smaller. Less water flow, but more power.
After reading this page, I decided I want a #25 tip. Whaddaya think? ;)
http://pressurewashr.com/pressure-washer-nozzles-101/

Yesterday and the day before I did a whole house re-stretch......... It was a brand new installation. Looked pretty decent to me, but homeowner was told it wasn't stretched tight.
I discovered there are still kicker-jockeys around these here parts. ....even doing a 14 by 23 foot living room with a kicker. Strong kicker tracks on the backing 10 inches apart at about a 20 or 30 degree angle. He actually did pretty good with this tightly made backing. It might have made it past the one year mark before it wrinkled. Seams looked good, but weren't sealed.

Yesterday and the day before I did a whole house re-stretch......... It was a brand new installation. Looked pretty decent to me, but homeowner was told it wasn't stretched tight.
I discovered there are still kicker-jockeys around these here parts. ....even doing a 14 by 23 foot living room with a kicker. Strong kicker tracks on the backing 10 inches apart at about a 20 or 30 degree angle. He actually did pretty good with this tightly made backing. It might have made it past the one year mark before it wrinkled. Seams looked good, but weren't sealed.

Did you redo the seams?

Went to look at a small job for Saturday, then bought a couple more parts fo my $5 pressure washer. It's a 5.5HP 2000PSI, 2 GPM unit. I bought a hose a couple of weeks ago, then today bought a wand, some fittings and a spray tip. Not knowing which tip to purchase, I bought a white tip.... color coded as a "washing" tip. It's got a 40 degree spray pattern.
It seems to work OK, but not as powerful as I expected even for a small 2000 PSI washer.
I did some Googling and discovered you don't just grab "a" tip........ they have orifice sizes for specific power levels and flow rates. I bought a 40 degree (white) tip. It did OK, but nothing special. I then discovered that I bought a 4.5 tip....... that's the orifice diameter. Looking online, I discovered I need a 2.5 tip for my pressure and flow rate. It's a lot smaller. Less water flow, but more power.
After reading this page, I decided I want a #25 tip. Whaddaya think? ;)
http://pressurewashr.com/pressure-washer-nozzles-101/

I have a 14 " wide disk shape tip that have two nozzles that spin in a circle for doing the driveway . Works great . What a time saver ..

Going to take the wife out for steak tonight. There is a little restaurant in a truck stop about 5 miles from here that has the best steaks. A 10oz sirloin with baked potato and salad is $14. And the cook knows how to fix them. Ribeye is $16.

You sound like me Nick.
We went to a new restaurant a few years ago. I ordered a Delmonico steak for like $28. It was 90% fat.
After cutting off all the fat I had a piece of steak the size of a chicken nugget 😳.
My wife wouldn’t let me complain, so I ended up filling up on a few pork chops ( Heinekens)
My wife likes prime rib and that is usually full of fat too.
I love filet mignon also 👍🏿

You will have the cleanest stones in the neighborhood.. :D

Got the right sized tips and it works pretty good for a 2000psi sprayer. I'm a happy camper with my little $5 find. ....OK, I did have to buy $80 worth of hose, wand and tips, but it purrrrs real nice. I have a new tool to damage stuff with.:D

I love filet mignon. Sam Choi's restaurant used to have a filet mignon with shiitake cream sauce. It was so good. I really miss it.

I think it's about $11 for a 6oz ribeye (or is it sirloin? I can't remember) at the nearest Texas Roadhouse. They usually do pretty well on their seasoning and I love the bread they have. Outback's steaks aren't as good, but they have better vegetables and I love their bread.

A few years back, we went to a Black Angus for the first time in years (for my mother's birthday). It was $52 for two steaks (they had some sort of meal thing for couples/families). The sides sucked and the steak itself was poorly seasoned and wasn't that great of a cut of meat. My brother cooks better steaks than that with meat from Walmart!

Speaking of him cooking, for my birthday he attempted to make macaroni and cheese with hamburger meat. Meat was ok, but he didn't use enough and he forgot about the macaroni in the pressure cooker. It turned to mush and didn't absorb the cheese. So, I cooked up some more meat and added some garlic salt and cheese to it before mixing it in (along with more garlic salt) with the mush. Salvaged it enough that my mother was willing to eat more of it.

Only one of my friends remembered my birthday, but I like to keep it low key and usually just sleep on my birthdays. Forgot to renew my driver's license before my birthday and it was on a Saturday so I had to go in today to renew. Fortunately, the lady at the DMV was fine with it and understood-- I think there is a 10 day grace period anyway.

My brother came along and Mom's little dog jumped in the car as we were leaving so my brother walked him around the outside of the DMV for awhile. Little dog was so excited about it.

Thwacked my thumb on something a couple days ago. Looks worse than it feels though.
tumblr_oxl52lnRvp1qkwd9ao2_1280.jpg

Looks kinda neat actually.

Latest posts

Back