What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9am here and it's 57 degrees. Had a high of 71 yesterday and will be similar today.
I did a floor repair yesterday in an older mobile home. Looked like someone hit the floor with a 2x4 shaped sledge hammer. Broke clear through the particle board between the joists. In a small bedroom no less. Anyhow, I squared up the hole, glued in plywood to the underside of the floor, then filled the square hole with plywood before finishing it off with a non matching vinyl scrap.
In my many trips inside and out as I was cutting and fitting plywood pieces, I could hear banjos playing faintly in the background as I stumbled across a half dozen kittens, large and small dogs running inside and outside and dodging piles of dog doo doo, chicken poop, and a dead bird. I kept the van doors closed so I wouldn't get surprised by chicken eggs in the van at some later date. Nice people tho.

Last edited:
I knew a family here who raised a hog in the house every winter and butchered it in the spring.
Happy, content hogs probably taste better.
I'm far from being a perfect housekeeper........ but no way would I not clean up dog doo at both step entrances to my porch and deck, and the gravel in the driveway where I park. Just nasty having to step over that stuff, including the chicken poo on the porch and walkway........ it's like playing hop-scotch for 39 feet getting from my van into the house. It was hard even setting up my saw table so the saw table feet, or my own feet didn't get nasty. (well, one shoe got in it once) :( The little dead birdie in front of the steps looked like it had been layin' there for a couple of days.
Like I said before, nice people. He had some health issues but his wife didn't get out of the recliner for the three hours I was there.... and it was beautiful weather outside too, unlike the previous 4 days with 4 inches of rain.

Rusty, it got up to 83 here today with hardly a breeze. :p

Last edited:
My 8 year old granddaughter competed in her first gymnastic event today(against 9-10 year olds). She got first in tumbling, second in trampoline and 3rd in floor exercise. She was so athletic that she skipped beginning gymnastics.

First place in tumbling, 2nd place in trampoline, 2nd place for her line, 3rd place overall on the double mini. Great first competition.

22851768_1663659163704747_2837746955825491285_n.jpg

Floorist, I know it was 12 years ago, but sorry to hear your son-in-law was murdered. I hope the person they just arrested is in-fact the culprit and that justice will be served.

Congrats to your granddaughter! I've always been in awe of gymnasts. It was one of the few "sports" I liked to watch.

Bought a cord of split, seasoned oak yesterday. $130. Guy stacked it for another $10. I have T posts set up so that I can make sure I am getting a full cord. He actually brought more than a cord. His wife is an old customer, did a lot of work in rentals for her.

I just spent an hour on hold to chat with someone from India. Maybe now that they will be sending renewal notices to the correct email address, my internet service won't lapse and slow to the same speed as a campfire's smoke.
Lost service a month ago and didn't understand why.............. I guess they were throttling me............ or were they braking me? :shooting:
Oh well, I guess I'll find out when when I get home. I'm on my rocket speed HP notebook at the Carpet One store, stealing their WIFI. They owe me anyway. :)

Latest posts

Back