What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. We have owned our current house since 1992. Was all owner-occupied neighborhood. Now mostly rentals. New house is just an old farmhouse but new on the inside.

Taxes are figured on what they see on the outside, so most are left plain.

Good on you for getting a new house
Now comes the fun part of moving everything, junk, you think you might have needed and kept after all those years you have lived in your house. Clean out time? :)

Figure we will take a few months and clean it out. No hurry to sell the other house.

I hope everything goes well with the new house! I'd love to see pictures.

Things have gotten a bit better with my brother-in-law. I was feeling sick and didn't go to dinner with everyone (been having health issues & my back has been protesting). My mother opened her trap at dinner and claimed the reason I wasn't there was bc I thought my brother-in-law hated me (which wasn't why-- I just felt like crap and wanted to lie down and sleep). Anyway, he said he didn't hate me and made an effort to talk to me nicely a little bit when he got home.

Just got a message from my brother that the pregnant cat gave birth to one kitten (thus far) but she's being an idiot and not taking care of it properly. He thinks she still has more kittens in her, but she hasn't given birth to more. She won't hold still to feed it, one of the older siblings stole the kitten's blanket (grabbed it and ran off with it) and the idiot mother cat keeps trying to move the kitten away from the heater. When my brother first got home from work the kitten was almost frozen to death near the sliding glass door so he moved it near the space heater. He posted a pic of the kitten near one of the older siblings (one of the smarter siblings). It's a solid black kitten but he doesn't know the gender yet. He's trying to keep an eye on it.
My bro doesn't have any days off this week (and next week) bc one of the employees quit for a better job and the boss is away in Florida visiting is dying mother. There are only two shift-leads on staff now and one has to work mornings while my brother works nights. My brother prefers to work nights with the other guy bc he's a great worker and fun to be around. One of the employees who quit just got a job as a gopher (bringing supplies/materials back and forth for scaffolding). It's 10hrs a day 4 days a week at $16/hr with an option to work a 5th day at overtime pay. Only problem is it's in Lake Charles about 2 hours away so the guy has to get up at 4am. Since he's chronically late and sleeps through alarms, I predict the job won't last long, but I know some guys who would gladly take the job.

Don't laugh, it just looks like an old farmhouse. Keeps the taxes low. Got it for less than 40.

25587008_1201744766628365_9163896157618404916_o.jpg

25532282_1201746433294865_8091611835937638356_o.jpg

Looks good Rusty. The attached garage might make it a bit easier to heat if you need to. The deck is great too. Sounds like you won't have to be fixing stuff all the time now.

About a buck twenty five here ,with another $50,000 to fix it up ..

Shame i need my good Italian eatery's here or i move out there ..

Looks good Rusty. The attached garage might make it a bit easier to heat if you need to. The deck is great too. Sounds like you won't have to be fixing stuff all the time now.

Have a lot to do one the one we are moving from, unless our daughter decides to buy it. If she still wants it, her bf can fix things. Really hard to work on some parts of a house while you live in it. I already own one of those window units that heat and cool, had it in the garage here.

Need to make sure that my internet reaches the deck.

Go with fiber optic.. I have Direct tv for the TV, and Comcast for the net ..

Direct and Dish are slow, and expensive for what they give you ..

Plus if you get a heavy rain, or it snows you loose your signal ..

Depending on where you live, Direct & Dish just sell you another company's internet. Sometimes they use Hughesnet which comes with bandwidth restrictions. And, as Nick said, it goes out when it rains or snows. Can also go out when it is just cloudy or for no apparent reason at all. I've got Dish for my TV and Exede for my internet.

I agree that fiberoptic would be the way to go. I've heard there is something called FIOS but don't know much about it. And signal boosters aren't bad to get for wireless.

Btw, I think the house looks neat. Could use a new garage door (looks a bit beat up), but it's in better shape than most of the houses in my town. Looks like it has decent space. Nice wood floor in the bedroom.

I went to the store with my sister & mother briefly. I was trying to find a new pillow at Costco and as I was leaning in to the box/bin, my feet slid back and I fell in. I called out for help but the pillows muffled it. Fortunately, I was able to get myself out eventually. I wonder if whoever monitors the security cameras will find it amusing.

They have these Godiva Masterpieces dark chocolate with ganache heart candies that are low in sugar and absolutely delicious. They have been helping a bit. I just started taking iron supplements for some health issues-- I was getting dizzy and I think it's bc I'm low on iron or may be anemic, but I won't find out until I see my doctor again.

My brother reported that the cat had a kitten just after midnight on the 13th and after he got home after midnight on the 14th the cat gave birth to two more and then after 2am she had another two. No idea why it was over 24 hours in between. I hope she's done birthing. Thus far there's a black kitten, a gray & white, a black & white, a calico, and he can't see the 5th one bc she moved them under a desk. Black one we are waiting to find the gender of before we name. Grey & white is Senator Snugglebum. Black & white is Gravy Jones (we have another black & white named Biscuits). Still haven't named the calico & other kitten. I'm thinking Aminatu for the calico though.

Verizon Fios price and plans
Plan Advertised price Contract
50/50 Mbps $39.99/mo 1 or 2 yrs.
100/100 Mbps $64.99/mo 1 or 2 yrs.
150/150 Mbps $74.99/mo 1 or 2 yrs.
300/300 Mbps $94.99/mo 1 or 2 yrs. It's fiber-optic ..

Z getting dizzy is usually Blood Pressure .. You can go to your local drug store to check it for free.. My Dr says they are pretty accurate ..

Being Diabetic would love to find that candy ..

Latest posts

Back