What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember me giving the neighbor family the car for Christmas? Those people have the worst luck. He found a full time job. But, two days ago he had a seizure, fell and fractured his skull and is bleeding in the brain. He is only 40 and may not make it. He is in a hospital 60 miles from here and my wife just left to take his family down to see him.

No. Our hospital sends you elsewhere for anything serious. That is how he ended up 60 miles from here. You know a hospital in California got caught loading patients in a cab and dumping them on the curb in front of other hospitals. That is health care in the US,

Highup, good point on the pipe size thing. I vaguely recall reading that it was supposed to be 3". Maybe 2" would be ok though-- but the plumber lost some trust for me by putting AAVs on outside vents instead of tying in to the existing vent stack. He had been the one who did the plumbing before and it was so bad that the washing machine water kept backing up in to the sink so my friend's grandmother had just said "F- it" and put the washing machine hose out the window when it was in use so it just dumped water outside. For some reason the plumber refused to come back and fix things until she passed away.

Floorist, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Our healthcare system can really suck sometimes. This whole for-profit thing just doesn't work (but I've ranted about that in a different thread). It really is sad that people are left to die if they don't have $ or insurance (or don't have the $ to get insurance). I can't even imagine how his wife and family feel right now, but I know it must suck.

Our local hospital is pretty bad so if someone has something serious they have to be transferred an hour away as well. Not surprised to hear about people being sent out in cabs. Our local hospital once called to ask us to come pick up someone to drive him to another hospital while his wife was transferred in an ambulance. Only, when we got there, it turns out they hadn't even called for an ambulance and they wanted us to drive her to the other hospital so they could wash their hands of the situation and blame us for any problems. Since they were refusing to transfer her once we got there, we ended up having to take her (it was an 80-year old woman with a broken arm/wrist). They didn't even stabilize her injury with splints-- they just told her to hold her arm still and sent her out. It's a good thing it wasn't something life-threatening.

I had a colon bust on me a few years back .. Was walking around with it for a few days till i passed out .. Got Sepis from it .. They kicked me out early and told me to buy these $80.00 pills 4 times a day for two weeks .. there is only one antibiotic that fights the big S .. Sister in law works at a Hospital says they make a lot of money on check in's ..

Take notes of everything they do to him Floorest , and if anything happens , sue the off them

Attachments

• Ass.gif
    Ass.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 19
I couldn't believe Saturday. The heat was in the high 90's if not 100 and there was a roofing crew doing shingles on a house in my subdivision. Those guys had to be out of their ever loving minds. I hibernated to the basement even though I have air. It was colder than a whores heart down there.

We tell-em to turn the heat up Nick. People can be really nice and turn off the heat and open windows so we won't overheat when it's 60 degrees. :rolleyes:
They don't know any better so we educate them in advance whenever possible.

69 here today.

I just took a 10 minute ride in the van, I have a shower curtain hanging behind the seats with magnets to keep the air of front with me ..
Had to take another shower when i got home ..

Latest posts

Back