What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It may even go up to $10k or more. Forgot it involved demo. Not sure what they charge by the hour. I know some flooring people charge by sqft. Say they charge $4/sqft for install (which is about what they charge here) So, multiply by that, add in materials, then factor in demo. Looking at around $12k just for labor (if going by sqft).

We are still waiting for the bid to come in. We are expecting a price of $35k to $40k with the demo of 2 bathrooms. He did say he would give me a discount on the $2.50 a linear foot for the 4" baseboards.

Just had a flooring guy come over to give me an estimate for installation of 1900 sq feet of porcelain wood plank tile, demo 1000 sq feet of 20" x 20" tile and re-tile two bathroom showers, with baseboards. I'm expecting a quote any minute. Any guesses on how much it will cost me?

$7,600 for the tile install $3,000 for demo tile on floor, the two bathrooms $80 sf for wall install not including CBU and water proofing, shower pan/s extra. Thats my bid. Oh, I need room an board for out of town. A nice motel with free breakfast will do. Maybe some lunch's and a steak once in awhile. Several hundred rounds of ammo for the weekends. Time frame, 4 to 6 weeks. Labor only not including demo of bathrooms. Is the base tile too? Thats a good price if they are having to bullnose the top edge. You supply grout, and thinset, backer board and waterproofing and the plumber :)

Last edited:
Wow. Havasu, I guess I underestimated. LOL. But then, labor here is less than in California-- although the sales tax is high.

No, the base is that stupid MDF. Still have not received a bid, must be too embarassed. Ern, I'd do that deal with you but my wife says that since you are a liberal, she will buy you a sleeping bag and you can sleep on the side of the freeway with all the other lib bums! Lol

Honestly, i would love you to do my work. I've seen your jobs and they are true works of art!

I've slept in worse situations. Tell the wife I'm the biggest redneck liberal she'll ever meet. Not sure why you move furthervwest when you dispise CA and its politics Hav.
BTW im going to San Diego, then SF next week. Can i bring one of my guns?

I've slept in worse situations. Tell the wife I'm the biggest redneck liberal she'll ever meet. Not sure why you move furthervwest when you dispise CA and its politics Hav.
BTW im going to San Diego, then SF next week. Can i bring one of my guns?
There are far worse redneck liberals than you. I'd rather have you in office than them.

Hell Ern, I'd vote for you. At least you have common sense!

(I am a native California, born 15 miles away from my present house, and my dad was personal friends with Pete Wilson and Ronald Reagan, when this state was great)

LOL. I was born in San Francisco and a lot of my family members live in San Diego/Chula Vista area. In some ways I miss it there. I'm sure the technology and public transportation is better. But, there is no way we could afford a decent home there now. The house near my late friend's house sold for something like $5k because they were so desperate to sell. My late friend's property (with 2 houses, workshop, storage shed, and greenhouse that took up about 3 lots) sold for around $25k from what I heard.

Ugh. MDF. I know a lot of people use that stuff, but I really am not fond of it. I don't like that or particle board, even though I've accepted that nowadays stuff I buy will have it. I try to find vinyl trim instead, but it's not very popular here for some reason.

I tried to sleep all through the night so I would be able to get up and be productive today, but my mother was up all night playing video games and woke me up a few times. First she wanted a midnight snack. Then she wanted me to put the leftovers away (which she could have put away herself but she won't even try). Then she wanted to ask me a question about the game she was playing. Don't even remember what it was now. And she wonders why my sleep schedule is messed up.

LOL. I was born in San Francisco and a lot of my family members live in San Diego/Chula Vista area. In some ways I miss it there. I'm sure the technology and public transportation is better. But, there is no way we could afford a decent home there now. The house near my late friend's house sold for something like $5k because they were so desperate to sell. My late friend's property (with 2 houses, workshop, storage shed, and greenhouse that took up about 3 lots) sold for around $25k from what I heard.

Ugh. MDF. I know a lot of people use that stuff, but I really am not fond of it. I don't like that or particle board, even though I've accepted that nowadays stuff I buy will have it. I try to find vinyl trim instead, but it's not very popular here for some reason.

I tried to sleep all through the night so I would be able to get up and be productive today, but my mother was up all night playing video games and woke me up a few times. First she wanted a midnight snack. Then she wanted me to put the leftovers away (which she could have put away herself but she won't even try). Then she wanted to ask me a question about the game she was playing. Don't even remember what it was now. And she wonders why my sleep schedule is messed up.
LOL

I hit some of my neighbor's junk, always getting in my yard, broke the blade and bent the deck on my rider. He is on the city council, so no chance of him cleaning up his mess.

Latest posts

Back