What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too funny.

A must do is to eat at "The Stinking Rose" while in San Fran. It has awesome food, including garlic ice cream.

https://thestinkingrose.com/

I used to live in Dublin CA and worked in SF 90% of the time as our shop was in Fremont back in 85' . The shop had dealings with a furniture store in the city that sold flooring so we were always working on these Irish builders jobs. The Irish would tear down old buildings and throw up a new one with three flats and a mother in law unit on the bottom. They were making bank until someone got upset they were tearing down too many old buildings of historical interest. LOL
My truck broke down near Castro St and Market St, so I made it to a gas station near there and had to hang around on the corner half the day. I've never been hit on so many times in my life. LOL

Last edited:
I used to live in Dublin CA and worked in SF 90% of the time as our shop was in Fremont back in 85' . The shop had dealings with a furniture store in the city that sold flooring so we were always working on these Irish builders jobs. The Irish would tear down old buildings and throw up a new one with three flats and a mother in law unit on the bottom. They were making bank until someone got upset they were tearing down too many old buildings of historical interest. LOL
My truck broke down near Castro St and Market St, so I made it to a gas station near there and had to hang around on the corner half the day. I've never been hit on so many times in my life. LOL

So, are you meeting up with your long lost friends from Castro Street, Ern?

It can be tough when someone is on the city council so they get away with all sorts of violations. The only member of the city council I know is the slum lord who also runs the dog pound. His son is a convicted pedophile. Both are scum.

I went to the store today and took my unlucky friend's fiance to get some food. He couldn't drive her because he injured his arm/elbow at work. He was stocking shelves at work yesterday when a 5 gallon bucket of some fluid fell. He tried to catch it and it wrecked his elbow. Went to the ER & they said he tore some stuff in it. Now he needs to see a regular doctor and see if he can file for workman's comp while he recovers. Poor kid. He's not even 30 yet and he already has metal pins in his left wrist, titanium rods in his left arm, bone spurs in his spine, and now this.

It can be tough when someone is on the city council so they get away with all sorts of violations. The only member of the city council I know is the slum lord who also runs the dog pound. His son is a convicted pedophile. Both are scum.

I went to the store today and took my unlucky friend's fiance to get some food. He couldn't drive her because he injured his arm/elbow at work. He was stocking shelves at work yesterday when a 5 gallon bucket of some fluid fell. He tried to catch it and it wrecked his elbow. Went to the ER & they said he tore some stuff in it. Now he needs to see a regular doctor and see if he can file for workman's comp while he recovers. Poor kid. He's not even 30 yet and he already has metal pins in his left wrist, titanium rods in his left arm, bone spurs in his spine, and now this.
Maybe he should look for a work at home job Z ..

Maybe he should look for a work at home job Z ..
Maybe if he can find one. He used to have a good home job working for AT&T, but his girlfriend at the time (now the ex) cost him the job by constantly pounding on the door when it was locked, bursting in to the room when it was unlocked, and just screaming and swearing at him constantly. She was unemployed but didn't want to watch her own kids and wanted him to watch them while she played on the computer. She did not care that he was trying to earn $ to put food on the table.

He's currently staying with his grandfather so he can take care of the grandfather. I'm expecting the fiance to be calling me to vent soon. She's been doing most of the legwork taking care of the grandfather & the grandfather is always demanding to know where she is, what she is doing, and trying to order her to do stuff like she's his slave or something. Now that my friend can't help with stuff, it's going to be harder on her. Especially since she still needs heart surgery. The grandfather keeps griping that his wife had heart problems and heart surgery and she still did all the stuff he wanted her to do and the girl has had to stop herself from pointing out that his constant need/demand for service probably contributed to his wife's death.

Anyway, his grandfather is *constantly* calling him on the phone while in the same house to ask for things, make demands, complain, etc and the man will not get off the phone. I've watched my friend say "I have to go now, bye" for 20 minutes and the grandfather still wouldn't shut it. LOL. Sometimes he just hangs up, but he knows if he does that the grandfather will often call him back or yell at him when he gets home & he doesn't want to deal with it.

It's rainy today so I'm in here snuggling with 6 of my cats and one of the dogs is on her dog bed on my floor.

My youngest grandson decided his hair wasn't red enough. It is red now.
40223468_2122721184465207_6395379158997794816_n.jpg

Popped in a new window for the bathroom today. The monsoon stopped for a few days thank goodness. Now i can finish off the stone ledge inside.
It was easier than i thought just because they used a masonry frame instead of the finned frame. So i didnt have to cut away too much stucco . Popped in another double pained one. Old one lost its seal and was fogged up.
Now i am window man.
20180828_114840.jpg
20180828_141939.jpg

Latest posts

Back