What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sears is closing it's physical stores but they are partnering with Amazon for online sales.
Got the old microwave cleaned up and brought over to my friend's house. Went to meet with the repair guy to get the receipt but he was a no-show. I called and his co-worker answered and said he'd call me back. No call back thus far. I told the towing guy what happened and he said he would call and try to make things right since he recommended the guy and didn't want me having problems. Talked to the insurance and the dealership and the work is done on my truck. I'm about to head out to pick it up. I think we still have to pay for the brakes and I will go over the list of things that were repaired when we get there.
I will also need to find out if the repair guy lost my locking lug nut that requires a special key and whether or not he kept the key as well. If he did, I will have to go get it from him or find a way to get a replacement. My other tires can't be removed without that key.

My friend said my tires on my CR-V are nearly bald so I will need some new ones. I'm thinking some Pirelli scorpion all terrains.

Mom just paged, time to go get the truck.

Daris. I bought a 1946 12 inch Craftsman band saw yesterday for $40. Even the tires are good. Cuts like a dream. This model..429.24250. Sears no longer has a listing but I found a manual for it.View attachment 8385
That looks like a real workhorse Rusty. There are a lot of tools that age that still run great. I don't think they made "cheap" tools back then. Well, not "cheap" like the cheap fall apart tools made today.

That is a cool little house! Love the pool.
One of my aunts moved from California to Arizona awhile back.

Mom ended up not going with me so I took my brother. Picked up my truck and discussed what had been wrong. They overcharged for the brakes (next time I'll have the brakes done locally bc they don't charge that much). The price they quoted to my mother had not included tax so she flipped out when she saw the bill. She also wouldn't listen when I explained that we were charged for the alignment and have to get a refund for the amount from the body shop guy (who still hasn't called back & isn't answering my calls). I think the total amount that was not covered by insurance was something like $90+ tax. It would come to around $200 so I'm wondering if it would be worth going to small claims court over. They said something about there being 2 tie rods and both were supposed to be replaced (and covered by insurance) but only 1 was done. Still never got the receipt-- which would hurt us if we tried to go to court bc we would need that as proof. Got the truck home and the DRL error message is still displaying so I will have to talk to them about it. It didn't happen before the accident and one of their people said something about the wiring harness. The message didn't appear until after I left and the shop was closed.

I defrosted some hamburger meat last night and made stroganoff. Mom had some useless gimmick thing that is supposed to make meat defrost "in minutes". It didn't work worth crap so I had to soak the meat (in a ziplock bag) in hot water for 20 min to thaw it. I added some sour cream and it was good.

Working on this today.
001.jpg

I wish I had a place to work like you do Rusty. Neat project. I like watching the woodworking shows on public broadcasting............ and I sure like the warm, dry, and well lit shops they work in.

Latest posts

Back