What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rusty, that is awesome! Reminds me of something my late friend Cordell would do. He made a mini nightstand for one of his great granddaughters before he passed away.

We used to have a wood heater in our workshop before we went overseas. Tenants stole it.

I need to figure out how to get solar powered stuff set up. My power company is starting to charge new BS fees. I need to find a good electrician and get the house re-wired and get a whole house surge protector. I also need to get all of the windows replaced with energy efficient ones that actually keep heat in/out.

Today I was woken up multiple times by robo calls that have no way of opting out. I talked to the Honda dealership about the missing key for my lug nut and they said they used their own bc they couldn't find my key. I called to ask about getting a replacement & the shop guy said they could swap out to different ones and that I would have to look on the box for the manufacturers number and call to get a replacement.

Finally got ahold of the original repair guy. He said stuff being loose was "BS". I told him the tie rod started coming loose while I was driving so either the nut wasn't on or it wasn't on tight. He seemed annoyed, but gave no indication that he plans to give a refund for the alignment. He did say he left the receipt with the towing guy though. I'll have to find out if that is true.

The dealership said they didn't clear the error messages and didn't mess with the daytime running lights bc the insurance didn't authorize it. So I have to call my insurance company about getting the DRL fix authorized. I hope it won't mean more $ out of pocket but I'm guessing it will. Too bad I can't sue the other driver's insurance for mental anguish to compensate for all this crap. LOL.

I'll be heading to the post office in a bit and hoping there aren't too many packages.

As an aside, the little chair reminded me of a recliner for children that I saw in Sam's Club.
minichairatSams.jpg
Daveminichair2Dec2018.jpg
DaveminichairDec2018.jpg

I told my friend that I found a chair for his fiance, then sent him these pics. His fiance is 5' and weighs about 89lbs soaking wet. His reply was "Dude, WTF?!"

That's my brother modeling the chair. We both decided to wear our pajamas that day.

I just helped mom get her laptop onto her lap and she was showing me a bidet seat thingy and I had to point out that the controls would be covered by her butt. She still has a somewhat small waist, but her hips and backside are large.

Don, that looks like a vast improvement! Is that laminate or hardwood?

Got a flooring question: Is there any sort of good vapor barrier underlayment that also insulates a bit but isn't too thick? The vinyl plank I'm thinking of getting does not need underlayment, but the mfr did not say it recommends against an underlay. But I've read that some of the clicklock stuff can come apart if the underlay is too squishy/thick. I'm trying to find something not too expensive that can keep the floor a tad bit warmer, possibly reduce noise (but that is not important) and (most importantly) create a moisture/vapor barrier and I would need the right sort of tape for it for outside edges. I found some general moisture barrier at lowes that has it's own adhesive to tape together.

Would it be better to just go with the moisture barrier on top of the plywood and then put insulation under the house?

Does the laminate have cork or anything on the back side? I wouldn't put anything down without calling the manufactures tech people.
Flooring planks or laminate tile joints do not like movement, that's why the manufacturer specifies certain types of underlayment products. You don't want to guess.

zannej it is solid hardwood

Hi this stuff

View attachment 8449

I’m not a big fan of 2 1/4” myself
Pretty straight and clean stuff for Armstrong/ Bruce crap

So Don, I was always told to run the paper at a 45 and overlap. The overlap will show if straight with the floor and cause a little hump, specially 30lb felt. Do you butt the edges with that stuff and tape it or what?

Latest posts

Back