What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started cutting ceiling tiles. My carpenter told me to use a table saw. Seemed like overkill. So I tried cutting with a utility knife. Tore up a couple edges... Tried table saw. Wow! It works. I even cut the notch in the edge. But God, that dust!. Thankful I did it in garage. Used leaf blower for cleanup. Inside corners are a bear though. Have to use knife on them. Took half an hour to cut that piece!

Try a jigsaw for the corners. Might make clean cuts with the right blade. Cutting from the face side would need something like poster board to protect the surface.

Played around with cutting a tile yesterday and I think I have it down. The material is mineral fiber, like Rocksul insulation. I thought it was recycled paper. Made from recycled iron slag and pumice, melted and blown into fiber.

I think I’m going to cut with a knife and set up table saw to cut the reveal. That way I won’t have to change saw settings.

Going to wire lighting today.

Must be planning on having us all come for a visit? :ghostly:
It's gonna be a working weekend here. Brother and I are getting some carpet cut in an hour or so but not start till tomorrow. Just a rental, so might get it finished Saturday depending on how well the Carpenters finished their end of the job.

Just did the yards, got everything cleaned up, and leaving tomorrow for the Ventura Beach coastline for a few days. With Chiina Virus lockdown, I may be sitting in the hotel room, but I have lots of booze to keep me company.

Latest posts

Back