What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And as to how it’s going, rain fly tore. Using tarp to cover holes in case it rains. Broke USB port off guiding camera. A friend is lending me his. But everything is ready to gif we get some skies

And as to how it’s going, rain fly tore. Using tarp to cover holes in case it rains. Broke USB port off guiding camera. A friend is lending me his. But everything is ready to gif we get some skies
If you run into down time and want something to watch, give this a watch.
This gives you an entirely different view of rockets. They ain't what most people think they are.
The prescision in jaw dropping. I watched this last night and my jaw is stii on the floor.

Good luck with the skies.

Well looks like I’ll be getting a new tent in Spring. Rain fly will cost too much to put on an 8-20 year old tent. Looking at Marmot 6 person tent but very expensive. I have till May to get it. Skies were marginally clear. StRs visible to 30 degrees above horizon. Big Dipper washed out. Saw Saturn and a few deep sky objects, old friends in the sky. Sky right now is white with hazy blue patches. Getting into mid 70’s right now. Hoping for clear night fro.

Cut and delivered carpet today for a couple of bedrooms. Might rain a little tonight or tomorrow so while homeowner was doing the tearout, I got the carpet and pad over there. I left with a large Ziploc bag containing two cracked Dungeness crabs. Good stuff! In the stores, locally caught whole crabs are $14 to $19.

I'm looking at a lightning map. Oregon is getting a lot of strikes. I know these are going to start some new fires, so that isn't good. We're well past a million acres up in smoke and fires are barely contained. It will take fall rains to put them out.

Like flooring installers, you're paying for his smarts, not just his time. I did a carpet repair in a local Best Western. Less than an hour and I was nice doing it for $105. Most guys have $125 to $150 for minimums. I live 3 miles away from this motel.

I'm going to need to redo the entire kitchen floor when the power is back. Been over 3 weeks. They fixed the power for my entire neighborhood except my house. They still haven't come out and replaced the security light or fixed my lines, but they closed the ticket and reported it as fixed so I had to open a new ticket and get put at the back of the queue. Ticks me off bc I told them more than once that the lines on my meter pole got knocked loose.
Will need to get my fence and gate fixed. Sliding glass door needs to be replaced. Still need to repair the floor put in a proper header, and put new back door in.
Cats have been wrecking the house while we are out. Got into cabinets, knocked stuff out, knocked stuff off counters, tore open boxes. Dogs found some snacks in the pantry and ripped them open. Ate my cheese crackers. Dragged their food bag across the kitchen...
I discovered that Princess uses the nest she made from my belongings to make a r a mp for herself to get on my dresser and look out the window. They tore a hole in one of my window screens. So I opened the window that was missing a screen. Cats now use it as a door. Made the room cooler though.
I spent the night at my house in my own bed. Cats and dogs tried to steal my new pillow and Princess ran across my head in the middle of the night. Scratched my ear and cheek. But I slept better with the kitties purring. They climbed on me, nuzzled my face, 1 was picking my arms and hands. I can tell them apart in the dark from their behavior, purrs, and fur texture. Had a 3 part spoon with Senator Snugglebum and Gravy Jones for awhile. Lol.
Meanwhile, mom hated the toilet at friend's house so much she bought chair height elongated Toto Entrada. It was the lowest price I'd ever seen listed on Lowe's and we got 10% off. That took off a little over $18 and the tax was a little over $16. Uses the toilet jack to pull the old one and put the new one in. Old one was a junker my friend found in the garbage. Round bowl and very short. Like 13" high. Slow flush. New toilet is 16-1/4 sans seat and has an excellent flush.
I'm getting better at texting but autocorrect ticks me off still.

Talked to an old buddy today, Joe Pike or as he is known in his world "thevoiceitguy". He does commercials, voice overs, cartoon characters etc. If you have ever heard the Jack Daniels bbq sauce commercial that sounds like Sam Elliott, that is Joe. He was a roofer for years until he auditioned. You can find a bunch of his stuff on line

Latest posts

Back